━━NIJŪ

Start from the beginning

"I'm home, Nao-chan."

He told her as he went to cup her face with his hands. Nao thought that they became more calloused. Perhaps it was from the vigorous trainings he had. Still, she basked in their warmth.

She was glad that he was now finally home.

In front of them was a top ranking spiker in the country

In front of them was a top ranking spiker in the country. An undefeated champion of Miyagi Prefecture. The legendary Shiratorizawa ace.

Ushijima Wakatoshi.

The latter was the epitome of power. A force to be reckoned with.

His sheer existence a hurdle to several players within the region aiming for the spot in the nationals.

They could not process how he was here—out of all places. In the very house where their team was staying for their training camp.

They then saw the Fuji grandmother getting out from the kitchen. She was wiping her hands with a towel.

"Wakatoshi! Is that you? My, you've really grown taller!"

The Fuji matriarch greeted as she approached Ushijima.

"Fuji-san." The latter bowed in acknowledgment.

Her grandmother scrunched her brows after hearing him. "Fuji-san?" She chuckled, waving her hand in amusement. "What's with the formality, dear?"

She then gestured to the Shiratorizawa ace, beckoning him to go after her. "Come, come! Let's have breakfast. Nao-chan just cooked these delicious pancakes."

The matron guided him to the dining room. The others then followed suit with their mouths opened in visible astonishment. She then let him sit down in a place near her, wanting to catch up with the latter.

Nao then returned from the kitchen with another plate for Ushijima, the girl sitting next to him.

She began to put pancakes on it; topped with slices of bananas, subsequently glazed with honey. She knew how they were his favorite.

Ushijima thanked her afterwards with a tug in the corners of his mouth. Nao then returned the gesture with a pleasant sweet smile.

The Karasuno members were now more inquisitive than ever. Never imagining the personification of the ace to be capable of that expression. He was known to be impassive and stoic by the others around him.

In addition to that, they were also curious on his relationship with Nao. Especially the five players who were looking at their interaction as of the moment.

They looked really close. Nao was so attentive to him. The ace then welcomed it happily. As if he was accustomed to it.

Was he the big competition that her grandmother had mentioned before? All of them never expected that it would be one Ushijima Wakatoshi.

"Baachan." They began to change their attention to the Fuji matron. "That's what you should call me." She grinned, looking at Ushijima.

"I still remember how you had played house with my granddaughter as a kid, Wakatoshi." She continued. Nao then knew she was up to something, knowing that glint in her eyes.

"When you acted like a married couple."

"Obaasan!" Nao tried to stop her grandmother, the girl's cheeks in hues of ruby. She did not want her to say anything more embarrassing.

The Karasuno players started to cough from the food that they were eating upon hearing the matron's statement—quickly drinking water afterwards.

Nao and Ushijima? Married?

EH—?!

Some of the members thought—aghast.

The ace in question—Ushijima, was calm and collected as always. He just nodded to the Fuji grandmother, recalling the past events from his childhood that he had spent with Nao.

Ushijima remembered how Nao acted as his wife and he as her husband. They had their children, a group of teddy bears. There were three of them.

The ace grew fond of the memory. He then gazed at Nao who was beside him, a gentle expression on his olive eyes.

The matriarch just laughed from their reactions as well as that of the Karasuno team. She was beyond amused. This was getting entertaining in each second.

She then looked back at Ushijima, giving her granddaughter a sideways glance.

"Anyway, you're part of our family already." She said while tapping his shoulder. The Fuji matron then stood up, going between her granddaughter and her childhood friend. She began to tenderly pat them both on their heads.

"I am just waiting when you will make it official."

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

𝗨𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗝𝗜𝗠𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗛𝗜

𝗨𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗝𝗜𝗠𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗛𝗜

━━ ❝ 𝘐'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘕𝘢𝘰-𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯.❞

❞