Ch.5- Drunkenness

During the next two days, probably because classes had started, Roseanne did not come to the store.

Jennie had closed the shop early at six o'clock and went home to change into a fancier outfit. Tonight was when Jennie agreed to eat hot pot with Jisoo and a few others at Tosokchon Samgyetang.

She changed into a black suspender skirt, one that complimented her figure and had an elastic band within the dress that perfectly accentuates her delicate waist.

Jisoo currently worked for a local private company and was recently promoted, so it was normal for her to be working overtime on the weekends. Jisoo originally agreed to pick her up around eight, but when it was 7:30, she sent a message of apology to Jennie. Jisoo was unable to leave work early, so she had sent someone else to pick up Jennie.

"The license plate number is BXXXXX, and it's a white Kia Seltos. Just meet them downstairs, and they'll drive you to the restaurant. Go ahead and order without me, I'll try to get there as soon as I can." Jisoo explained over the phone.

Jennie understood that Jisoo was busy, so she whispered a few words of encouragement and hung up.

She walked out of her building in heels, and stood at the gated entrance, waiting for her ride. The sun was setting, and the night wind blew gently through the air, cooling down the summer heat.

After a while, a white Kia Seltos could be seen on the horizon. The car stopped outside the gate, and Jennie stepped forward, but when she saw the driver, she froze.

Roseanne sat in the driver's seat, wearing a black t-shirt and overalls. However, today her hair is down. She is wearing a lipstick. She didn't look at Jennie as she is using her phone.

Roseanne tilted her head and looked at Jennie, leaned forward, and opened the passenger side's door with one hand: "Get in

Roseanne tilted her head and looked at Jennie, leaned forward, and opened the passenger side's door with one hand: "Get in."

Jennie shook herself from a daze, bent forward, lifted her legs, sat down, and whispered: "Thanks."

I didn't expect it to be her.

Roseanne hummed in response but didn't say anything else.

Jennie lifted her hand and brushed her hair while turning away to look outside. There were many pedestrians on the streets today, and the neon lights of the stores made the atmosphere outside seem bright and lively. Suddenly, Roseanne reached over and fastened Jennie's seatbelt, her hand accidentally touching Jennie's thigh. Jennie tensed a bit at the touch, almost jumping in her seat.