"No way in hell." I yell. "In your dreams. Not even the girl in your dreams. And while you're at it, turn your damn music off at night." They all laugh, and mock at the guy I yelled at. He smiles at me, as I storm inside. Stupid idiots. I don't stand up for myself much, but when I do I can really let it rip.

I let myself in, and dump my stuff in the coat closet. I walk past the lounge room, and start climbing the stairs when I hear:

"Hey sis." I turn slowly, to see my whole family sitting in the living room. Including my brother. What the hell?

"Come sit down Gemma." My Dad says smiling. "Say hello to Josh." Of course he's happy, the golden child is here. But why? I slowly come down the stairs, and sit down on the only available seat, on the couch next to Josh. He grins at me, and I shiver.

"What are you doing back Josh?" I ask, trying to stay calm.

"I finished all my courses and exams early sis." He says. "I'm home until graduation." My heart drops. Graduation wasn't until the end of the year.

"Are you working?" I ask hopefully, maybe he'll hardly be home.

"Nope." He says smiling.

"Of course not." Mum says, slightly offended. "Josh has worked so hard, we can easily support him here. He deserves it." Of course. It's not like I work or anything.

"Thanks mum." Josh says. "I really need a break."

"Of course sweetie." My mom coos. "We're not always home, but if you need anything, just call Gemma. She's got nothing better to do, and she needs to help out more anyway." He grins at me, and nods. Yes, go ahead. Talk about me like I'm not here.

"So Gemma. You haven't changed since I saw you two months ago." I nod, hesitantly.

"Of course she hasn't." My mum snorts. "She refuses my help. The same size, the same bratty attitude." They all laugh, and nod, agreeing. This may look like really awful episode of a soap opera, but no. This is my family.

"I can have a crack mom, while I'm here." Josh says.

"Of course son." Dad says. "Just give her a few tips, discipline her." My jaw drops, are they serious?

"Sure." Josh says. He yawns, and stands up. "It was a really long drive, I think I'll crash for the night."

"Ok sweetie." Mum says, heading up the stairs with Dad. "Gemma go with him, his bed isn't made yet." I grunt, of course. I can just see I'm going to be his personal slave. I follow Josh up to his room, and he slams the door closed behind me. He collapses into his desk chair, swinging his legs up on the table. He stares at me and grins.

"Well go on then." He says. "Make the bed." I start collecting the sheets from the cupboard, and start folding them. "Oh Gemma, I've missed you." He says, chuckling deviously.

"I wish I could say the same." I say dryly, putting on a pillowcase. He laughs, and sighs.

"I used to have you so well trained." He says. "Yes Josh, no Josh. But don't worry. You'll be back to normal soon."

"Can't wait." I answer sarcastically. He frowns, and then stands up.

"You'll start showing me some respect soon enough." He says, and then goes back to grinning viscously. "I hear from Mark you're his new drug lackey."

"It wasn't exactly voluntary." I say, annoyed that him and Mark still talk.

"I'll be joining you tomorrow night." He says. "The guy that's supplying them isn't exactly friendly. I have to look after my friends."

"That's why their making me do it, is it?" I say angrily. "Because it's dangerous?"

"Yep." He says happily. "I was the one that suggested it." I grumble under my breath, going back to making his bed. I finally finish, and go to leave.

"Oh, and Gemma?" I turn around slowly, losing my patience. "Don't stuff this up." He says. "I have a lot riding on this."

<><><><><><><><><>

The next morning, I go down stairs after procrastinating to the last minute. I end up in the kitchen, and pour myself some cereal. I turn around to get a spoon, and when I turn back, Josh is leaning against the counter, eating it. I sigh, and go to pour myself another bowl. He takes the box out of my hands and puts it away.

"You really don't want to eat that." He smiles. "I'm doing this for you." I nod, not wanting to start an argument so early this morning. I pick up my bag, and head for the door. I'm pulled back by my collar, and swirled around to face him. "I'm taking you this morning weakling." He says, swinging his arm over my shoulder, heading for the door. I silently get into his car, and shut the door. It was a Christmas present from our parents, and I still take the bus. The ride to school is silent, Josh casually humming. We finally get to school, and it turns out I'm late, no ones around. We exit the car, and he follows me up the steps, where surprise surprise, Mark and his posse are waiting. Josh pushes me forward, into Brian, who puts his arm around my shoulders. Uh. He smells like sweat and beef jerky. Mark and Josh greet each other, with the whole male hand shake thing, and exchange a few words.

"Keep an eye on her today Mark." Josh says. "She's quite reluctant about tonight." Everyone laughs, and Mark pulls me into his side.

"Don't worry." He says, digging his fingernails into me side. "We'll take GOOD care of her." Josh finally leaves, and we head to second period, as we have completely skipped calculus. Uh. I can just imagine the amount of work I will have to catch up on. We walk into chemistry, and I'm placed in between Brian and Luke, the line backer. Mark sits behind me, and puts his feet up on my chair, on my neck. I shudder in disgust, and start making notes. The teacher is to busy sleeping again, and the mathletes in front of me won't shut up. Ohh this is driving me crazy!

"Can you shut up?" I whisper loud and angrily, kicking the mathletes chair. He turns around and gulps nervously when he sees me.

"G-Girl." He stutters. I hear sniggers behind me, and I know that they are enjoying this.

"Well done Neanderthal." I spit out. "Now shut up."

"Y-Yes." He says. "OK." He turns around so quickly he'll have whiplash, and his friends congratulate on talking to a girl without throwing up. Ph. Mathletes.

<><><><><><><><><>

The day goes on as normal, except for the fact that Mark and his cronies won't stop following me everywhere. They won't leave me alone. Even at lunch, they're making me sit on the floor at the table. Talk about public humiliation. I'm starving.

"Mark, can I go get lunch?" I ask quietly. He laughs, and kicks me.

"No." He goes back to scrolling on his phone. I sigh, and continue doing homework. I hear giggling, and I look up to see Chrissy, the head cheerleader, on Marks lap. I snort in disgust, and he kicks me again.

"Shut up." Chrissy sneers. "You shouldn't even be here."

"And how honoured I am." I say, smiling sarcastically.

"Hmm." She sniffs, and goes back to sucking face. Uh.