And I take the rest of my day, to absolutely nothing, because why not.

I check my phone, accidentally clicking on the photo app icon. Noticing my most recent photo, I smirk at the selfie picture of the mystery man from last night.

...

Waking up bright and early for work, I'm kind of nervous. Is that bad? Like I don't even know what the people are like and what if I can't live up to the status of the old senior member? Fuck, I hate that I overthink. Just breathe Sunlyn, you got this. After finishing my daily routine, I step towards the mirror, taking a look at the outfit I picked out for my first day.

 After finishing my daily routine, I step towards the mirror, taking a look at the outfit I picked out for my first day

And did.

My phone starts to ring on my nightstand, it's an unknown number.

"Hello," I say

"Hello, Ms. Carter I'm calling to let you know your ride is outside."

"Alright, thank you I'll be right down."

I hang up and pick up my purse and a light coat. Fall is starting and the temperature drops fast over here. Making my way outside, locking my front door. As I turn around I am greeted by an all-black Range Rover and a man who looks to be in his early 50s.

What is up with everybody with all black?

"Hello miss, my name is Taylor, I'll be your personal driver for your time here," he spoke as he opened the back seat door for me.

I said thank you's and introduced myself to him. As he drove, we spoke about my time in New York and how he has been working for this company for about 15 years now. He pulled up to a very modern building with people dressed in business casual, basically moving around like they are in distress.

This should definitely be fun.

Taylor helped me out of the car and we said our goodbyes and that he would be picking me up around 5 pm. I take a deep breath and walk inside, after going through security, I'm met with a welcoming face.

"You must be Ms. Carter, I'm Daniel, your new assistant," he spoke up. Daniel is a very handsome, young Asian guy, who looks around my age. Dressed in a white dress shirt and black pants.

"Hi, it's really nice to finally meet you," I say

We continue our conversation as we move toward the elevator. He presses the fifteenth floor, it quickly takes off. We travel up in comfortable silence. When the doors open, I am greeted by Mrs. Archibald, standing near the receptionist's desk.

"Mrs. Archibald, I didn't know you were going to be here," I say walking toward her.

"Yes, I wanted to be here to show you around and introduce you to my godson," She says pulling me into a hug. She has never hugged me before, so I guess she is in a good mood. She shows me my office which is beautifully decorated and then showed me the conference room. Daniel takes this time to tell me my schedule for today, which consists of my first meeting with the other board members that starts in a couple of minutes and a briefing on up-and-coming authors I would be working with.

My new co-workers start to flood in towards the conference room, Daniel takes that as his queue to leave. Mrs. Archibald introduced me to damn near every member. All of them looking to be at least over 40, looks like I'm going to be the black sheep. I'm too busy people-watching to see that Mrs. Archibald walked away and is now coming back towards me with a tall figure at her side.

"Ms. Carter, let me introduce you to my godson, Dario Knight."

I look up to see the same man, I was in bed with two days ago. His pupils dilated, then a light smirk plays on his lips. He looked my body up and down, taking it all in like he hasn't seen it all before. Dressed in a three-piece light grey suit and a sliver chain around his neck.

Oh, you can't be fucking serious, god you know I don't ask for much...why him?

"Hello, Ms. Carter it is lovely to finally meet you," He reaches out for my hand, with the same rings on his hands from the other night. I reach out and give my hand to him. He leans down and kisses the back of my hand. My body stiffens, bringing me back to that night. I try my best to keep my cool, while Mrs. Archibald stands there completely oblivious to this entire interaction.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Knight," I speak not holding any eye contact, I could feel him staring directly into my soul.

"Now that you both have finally met, I'm sure that you will do amazing things together," Mrs. Archibald says.

"We surely will," Dario says with that playful smirk still on his lips. I glare at him.

The meeting is about to start shortly, so we all take our seats. I sit down next to one of the women I greeted at the door. She compliments my outfit. And Dario sits directly across from me, relaxing in his chair. One of the board members starts to speak up, but Dario's attention is on me as if I was the only person in the room.

Oh lord save me now.

...

<3