"You will!"

Even if it sounds like the biggest cliche he saw you in his dreams that night. And the night after. And the night after. It was almost like your touch was imprinted on his heart. Like a soulmate. He felt distracted by the thought of you. He had a hard time focusing on reality, too sunk in his daydreams.

He was pissed cause he thought he'd never see you again. In this sleepy town, a girl like you attracted attention. Many guys were talking about you... and that left him worried. What if he was imagining things? What if what happened at the lake wasn't as special for you as it was for him?

But then he saw you again. You sat in a cute little summer dress in front of a cafe, scrolling through your phone. And he'd sworn to himself that if he ever met you again, he'd take that chance.

And he took it.

"Y/n!", he smirked shyly and looked down at you. A little annoyed you lifted your head, he probably wasn't the first dude that spoke to you that day. But your pissed gaze immediately turned into a happy one.

"Wonho!", you smiled and his heart skipped a beat. You remembered him!

"May I?", he asked and pointed on the free chair next to you, tried everything to keep his cool.

"Of course!", you immediately said and put your phone away.

And then you talked. For hours. Talking to you was so easy. It almost felt like you'd know each other for years. Your laugh sounded like the sweetest of melodies and your random touches on his arm when you talked about something exciting was like a firework in his chest.

He brought you home that night. And you stopped him in the middle of the small town road to kiss him. And this kiss. This breathtaking kiss was an absolute gamechanger for him.

The following weeks with you were like literal heaven. He learned that you were pretty insecure under the surface of self-confidence. That you built a wall. A wall that was supposed to protect your fragile heart. A heart that had been broken before.

Wonho ripped down that wall bit by bit.

And you let him in, gave him all of you. And he gave you his everything. His first kiss, his first time. You were the one. He knew it. Your kisses tasted like strawberry ice cream and your touches felt like he got touched by the sun itself.

He loved you.

He loved you more than he ever loved before, he loved you more than himself. You were his soulmate, the one he wanted to grow old with.

But... the closer the end of summer came, the closer came the fact that he'll lose you. You were both young, you had to listen to what your parents said. If it wasn't for them, he would've run away with you.

But what do parents know about this kind of love?

And when the autumn came, just like the summer, you were gone. And life didn't feel the same anymore. Wonho tried to hold on to the moment he'd see you again, but it got harder and harder each day, especially when it became clearer and clearer that this day would never come. He wanted to be strong, he wanted to talk himself into the fact that he should've being happy that he was able to experience this kind of love. But it was impossible for him. He missed you too much. He missed your smile and your touches. He missed your soft skin and the sounds that escaped your throat when he kissed your neck. He missed your laughter and your happy squealing. He even missed fighting with you even though he hated every second of it when it happened.

He missed his summer. His sun. His soulmate.

Your scent lingered in his room for so long and everything in his little hometown reminded him of you. The lake where he first met you, the cafe where he got to know you, the little town street, where you kissed for the first time. It became unbearable. It was like your ghost still lingered all over the place. And just like your ghost, everything seemed grey and sad and cold. You left and took his heart, his happiness with you.

The years passed by and Wonho grew older. He would be lying if he said he still thought about you every day. He didn't. Only from time to time.

Driven by the idea of becoming more than what this small town had planned for him, he moved into the city, met a beautiful girl, and fell in love. And then... he thought about you more often again. This girl was amazing, she was smart, funny... she was gorgeous. But, and he hated to admit it, she wasn't you. Not even close. He was so disgusted by his feelings. You both were so young back then. What did you guys even know about love? Were the feelings even real or just lead by hormones? And why was it so damn hard for him to forget you?

As the summer returns for the seventh time after he met you, he visits his parents in his hometown. It feels good to leave the chaos behind, the stress. He meets old friends again, and as he walks by the cafe he met you back then, he smiles. With a happy heart, he sits down, orders a coffee, and dwells on the past. The past with you. And he's so grateful for you. Grateful for what you showed him. Grateful for how much you loved him.

Finally, he can see the love you shared as something so amazing. He realizes that... you actually can fall in love multiple times in your life. But no love will ever feel like the first. And that's okay. He has to let go. He needs to leave the past behind. Needs to look forward.

But, suddenly, as he was just about to pay, he feels a hand on his shoulder. And it almost feels like the most pleasant electric shock. As if he's getting touched by... the sun itself. Wonho freezes. This can't be.

Gulping he looks up that hand and gasps as he sees your gorgeous face, looking at him wide-eyed.

"Wonho...", you whisper in complete shock and he immediately gets on his feet. As though it were the most natural thing in the world he cups your cheeks with his hands and pulls you closer.

"Y/n!", he whispers and looks at you carefully. You became older, but you're even more beautiful than he remembered you. The big brown eyes that look like honey in the summer sun. The rosy cheeks. That smile upon your face. He can't believe it's you!

Smiling you lay your hand on his and lean your face against his touch before you close your eyes as if you want to recall all the memories you both have.

When you open your eyes again, tears running run down your cheeks and Wonho dries them carefully.

"I've missed you...", you whisper and a beaming smile appears on his face. 

Wonho has no idea what's happening here. Seeing your face again feels so unreal. He has no idea if you have someone, if you still think about him the way he thinks about you but gosh he knows one thing for sure: You still are, and forever will be, his summer. And he needs you like the flowers need the sun to grow, to live. And no matter what happens, he won't let you go again...