Birds of a Feather

Nuntis was sitting in between two dark haired boys during the breakfast of the first monday. They both were staring at the red house causing the girl to roll her eyes when noticing. One of the boys was staring at the red table, the Gryffindors with a look that alternated between contempt and desire. Whilst the other was blatantly staring. Nuntis rolled her eyes as she recognised the group of boys at the Gryffindor table that had enraptured their attention. The boys that had caused her to jump in fright and ruin her letter. Maybe she could make friends through a common enemy? She pulled out a scrap of paper from her pocket and the pen that she had shoved in the bun in her hair that morning. "Neither of you like that group of boys. A common enemy can make strong allies." Was written in her neat script before she tapped either boy beside her on the arm and gestured to the paper.

The boy with longer hair snorted. "You write as if it is not common knowledge that I don't get along with the marauders." He sneered the name of the group.

Nuntis nodded, "So thats what they are called." Was the next thing to be written down.

"Yes. Comprised of Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black and one James Potter." The boy's tone got colder and colder before he reached the last name.

The other boy snorted. "My brother." He stated as if amused by them talking about him. "The seemingly more famous black. Regulus." Regulus handed his hand out for Nuntis to shake and then the other boy.

"More like infamous." Nuntis wrote before showing Regulus causing him to smile and shake his head.

"Perhaps. Why do you hate them so much? I know my reasons." Regulus asked the other boy.

"I'm Severus. Severus Snape." The boy supplied for them. "They play stupid pranks on people and harass girls. Watch."

Together the three watched as the bespeckled one smiled in what he believed was a charming manner. "Hey Lily flower." He greeted as a redhead sat down at the table.

"On your bike Potter." The girl in question replied coolly as she grabbed a slice of toast. The other girls sitting around them began to giggle as James' grin faltered for a second before he tried again.

"Want to have lunch with me, Lily flower?" He asked hopefully only to be snubbed by the girl.

Regulus rolled his eyes at the ordeal. "So you both have a crush on the same girl. So what? You both try to woo her, whoever wins wins." He stated completely unbothered by the fact due to his arranged marriage to a french pureblood, Juliette Archambeau.

Severus scowled. "What would you try to accomplish there? A live remake of Romeo and Juliet?"

Nuntis snorted as Regulus shrugged. "I don't know what that is." With that Severus quickly left the table leaving his breakfast half eaten and coffee in his cup. With the departure of the other boy Regulus turned away from Nuntis to engage in conversation with the person next to him.

Now alone Nuntis took the time to study the boys, as she had done at every meal since they had first crossed paths. This time she finally had names to put to the faces. She guessed the one with the messiest hair and glasses that had handed her her letter back was James. He was the one that Severus seemed to have directed most of his hatred at. Her eyes then moved to the boy beside James that looked very similar to Regulus. Sirius Black had boyish good looks and a joyful laugh. Nuntis could see the appeal to want to be near him, he seemed considerably more approachable than his younger brother. Sat across from them must be both Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. Peter must have been the shortest member of the group with his stocky build and mousey brown hair. Remus. Now Remus Lupin was the boy Nuntis had paid the most attention to out of them all. He has a variety of scars criss crossing over his arms from where he either wore short sleeves or rolled them up. Scars that looked like they came from claws. His face was also dotted with scars. Nuntis' eyes narrowed as she studied the one the back of his hand from afar. She had almost matching ones. They were scattered all over her as if telling a story of her survival. Yet, unlike Remus her face was almost scar free save the small one on her nose. As if he could sense her eyes upon him, Remus turned around. Locking eyes, they both flashed yellow. A sign of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Remus choked on his coffee as his eyes widened dramatically as he realised what she was. She knew who he was! What he was! Peter quickly began to thump him on the back in an attempt to help him. James and Sirius had both quietened to stare at their friend as he choked. Nuntis couldn't help but find his surprise amusing, hadn't Dumbledoor told him of her? She assumed not. The next full moon would be amusing. "We can't prank her." Remus gasped out as he finally caught his breath.

James' brow furrowed as he looked over Remus' shoulder to realise who he had been looking at. "Why not? Shes rude, no surprise shes a slimy snake."

Sirius chuckled. "She is sat next to Reggie too. Shall we prank them both? Be fun."

Peter paused. "Maybe we should have Regulus as our first target. Keep her on her toes?" The mousy haired boy suggested in an attempt to keep the peace. "Also. That dog of hers looks like he could be a little vicious."

Sirius hummed. "You think like a snake sometimes Pete." He praised. "Good thinking about the dog as well. If it's anything like Mrs. Norris." All of the boys bar Remus shivered.

Remus sighed in relief. "I think she is like me." He whispered to them.

"Monthly troubles?" Sirius confirmed in a low voice as James spoke over him to hide their discussion. Remus nodded as he fiddled with his fingers.

"Pete? What's a television?" James asked with a comical tilt of the head. Luckily Peter quickly caught onto what James was doing and launched into a detailed explanation of the television set he had in his home. Remus and Sirius would catch them all up to speed in the privacy of their dorm later on.

McGonnagal passed the boys with her hands stacked full of paper. "I hope you boys aren't planning on causing me too much trouble this year." She joked as she handed them each of their time tables. "I want to win the house cup. So no losing points."

Sirius chuckled and saluted the woman. "Yes Minnie ma'am."

The head of gryffindor just rolled her eyes fondly at the quartet before leaving, Remus had been quieter than usual. Perhaps it was his monthly affliction? Minerva thought to herself as she continued to hand out the rest of the timetables.

Nuntis frowned as she gazed upon her own time table. Where was Latin and Greek? At her mothers school in Italy, Stati Magia she had learned Latin and Greek as a manner to understand the spells she was casting. Most spells had predominantly Latin roots which were sometimes mixed with Greek. Did this mean there would be no workshops on spell creating in her sixth and seventh year? Sack that. The young slytherin stood from the table, grabbed her bag and patted her leg for Tyr to follow her before she was off and out of the great hall. This was horrific news.

---

AN: 

Ive been really ill. i had a panic attack while sedated (still awake but unable to feel anything) in the middle of a procedure. Ya know, YOLO