AFTER STORY

CHAPTER 55

TWO YEARS LATER

"Tell the Lion's Eye pack that we will be reaching their pack tomorrow and the first thing we expect to do is to meet all of the wolves that have been retrieved from the settlements that were recently found. Understood?" Connor gave yet another tedious command to yet another group of freshly joined warriors.

Once the warriors were out of sight, Connor stretched and groaned. His bones were screaming for rest but he knew that he had no such time.

"Alpha!" another warrior came by and waited for Connor to notice him.

Connor groaned and clicked it tongue in irritation, though he was too tired to say anything.

"What is it?" He asked and was handed a file in return.

"This needs your signature, Alpha." The warrior proudly mentioned and waited until the next orders.

"Why did you bring this to me? Where is your Luna?"

The warrior looked a little uncomfortable at the mention of Luna, and scratched the back of his head.

"Luna was nowhere to be found, Alpha..." he trailed off.

Connor sighed and rubbed his temple before telling the warrior to go, but before the poor wolf could leave, Connor stopped him once again.

"Stop calling me Alpha..." he demanded and when he saw that the realization had hit the wolf in front of him, he grumbled again, "I am just a beta."

"Yes beta!" the warrior hurriedly corrected himself and ran off before he could become the target of Connor's irritation.

Many things had changed in the last two years, yet the pack was waiting for only one miracle.

Connor sighed again at that thought and pulled out his phone and dialed a number. The ring went on for two or three times, and finally a click could be heard from the other side, which indicated that the call was received.

"Where are you?" Was all he asked before he cut the call and made his way towards the Luna who had yet again dumped all of his work on him.

.....

"Everybody is looking for you!" Connor grumbled as he let himself fall on the seat next to the boy and looked at him and then the man who was sleeping soundly.

"What brings you here Connor?" Ansel asked in a voice that was just above a whisper, as if he was scared that he would wake the man besides him.

"I have some papers for you to sign."

"I don't like to talk about work in here."

"Then should stay in your office..."

"That is not my office, it is Quade's!" Ansel corrected his friend again and Connor sighed.

"And you are his mate."

Upon hearing those words, Ansel looked at his friend and smiled. If Ansel had heard those exact same words two years ago he would have felt elated, but things were not the same him.

"I am not his mate.... Not anymore," Ansel quietly mentioned and looked at the man breathing. "I am just a human, and humans do not have mates, Connor!"

Two years ago, on the day of the Blue Moon, the Redcoat pack had for the second time witnessed a miracle.

Where, from the same lake, they had seen a human come out as a wolf, they saw the same human emerge back, yet this time around it was just a human.