"The time has come hasn't it," he sighed and looked up at the moon in an attempt to stop the tears from falling down. He held his breadth and counted to calm himself and once he was sure that his eyes were no more filled with his regrets and fears, he stood up.

"Mom, Dad"

Ansel met with everyone one by one and stayed with them for a few minutes before he went onto meeting someone else. Though, each time his heart begged him to stay and just sit and bask in the happiness around him.

But he could hear her voice. He could hear the small whimpers of his wolf, who had gone silent months back. Alpha's time with him was limited and Ansel knew that it was a debt that he had to pay to the Moon Goddess, sooner or later.

Now that he had bid his farewell, Ansel finally made his way towards one man, who was silently waiting for this day to pass by.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing much..." Connor trailed off, but his eyes never left the mates who were dancing and laughing together. A few moments of silence passed by and Connor sighed before looking at his friend.

"What brought you here?" He finally asked.

"What do you mean?

"Go to your mate..."

"I will..."

And another silence fell.

Ansel's heart was heavy. He knew that if he took even one look at his mate, then he would break down, so he stayed away from him. He could see that Quade was looking for him, yet for the first time since they had become mates, Ansel was scared of being near him.

As he was lost in his thoughts, he could see Quade approaching him, but before he could do anything, his mate was right next to him, grinning fondly.

"I was looking for you!"

Ansel could not say anything. His throat was burning with the pain and in that moment all he could muster up was a hum and a smile.

"I want to give you something!" Quade excitedly mentioned and started pulling him towards the lake.

'Ah! The time has come...' Ansel thought to himself and finally the first tear rolled down his cheek.

But before he could reach the lake and be gone forever, Ansel turned around to look Connor in the eyes and whispered-

"Take care of him for me!"

And within seconds he was standing right at the edge of the lake. He looked at his mate one last time, and all the memories just played like a movie in front of his eyes.

The first time he saw Quade; the first time he realized that he was in love with him; the day he was rejected by the Moon Goddess; the day he met Brandel; the day he met Alen; the day he came back to the pack; the night he met Moon Goddess; all the times he played around with Alpha; the two years worth of memories of being mates with Quade.

"Shall we go?" Quade muttered and his eyes shone with nothing but love for the younger boy standing beside him.

"We shall!" Ansel mumbled and both the mates jumped into the river.

Where Quade had jumped to retrieve the heart of the Goddess for the love of his life, Ansel had jumped to finally fulfill the promise he had made exactly two years ago.

Both the mates could see each other under water, but the distance just kept on increasing between them, and when it was time for them to come back, only one made it.

As soon as Quade resurfaced, he jumped back on the land and turned back, hurrying to put his clothes on. He looked around in urgency and searched for the face he was dying to see.

Quade was sure he had found the most beautiful stone in the lake. It was pure red in color, none like others that had been found and he was eager to show it to his mate, but as moments passed, and realization set in, his heart began beating faster.

"Where is Ansel?" He asked no one in particular. No one could answer and all they could do was look at the river which had swallowed Ansel moments ago.

"He hasn't come back yet," Connor spoke and his tone held worry.

"What do you mean he hasn't come back? It's been more than ten minutes, it doesn't..."

Pain shot from his heart and Quade fell down on the ground, clutching the red stone he had found, he gasped for some air to be able to relieve himself of the pain he was feeling.

"What is..." he gasped, but he could feel nothing.

Yet, as soon as the pain has enveloped him, it vanished; like it was not even there to begin with.

Just like his mate.

Quade could hear the howls surrounding him, but all he could do in that moment was clutch to the stone in his hand, until that too became too hard for him and he finally lost all strength.

The last thing Quade could see or hear was the sweet voice of his mate, and the heat from the stone in his palms, and with that, once again-

The redcoat pack lost its Alpha and Luna.

....................