Chapter thirty-five

I can't do this. I am literally getting hate everyday for my mums death. Wtf?! I am getting it everywhere I go and I don't know how much more I can take. My mums death was the worst thing that could possibly ever happen to me so why have a go at me for it? People confuse me so much.

***
We are about halfway through the summer and so far I have done nothing but feel sorry for myself. I really need to get out more.

Anyway today me and Luke decided that we would go down to the beach together as everyone else was 'busy'.

I got ready, putting on my bikini underneath my clothes for the water and met Luke outside my door so we could walk. I didn't live far from the beach so it was a 20min walk there.

"Come on Ams, get in the water," Luke pleaded poking me in my side as I lay on my towel. I groaned at his annoyance so I turned over to see his face staring straight down at mine. We burst out laughing as I sat up properly, "pleaseee," Luke begged giving me puppy dog eyes.

I sighed, "I don't want too," I replied folding my arms in a fake tantrum. Luke smirked, "well your gonna have too," he said before standing up, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"LUKE PUT ME DOWN!!!" I screamed hitting my hands on his back as he walked towards the sea. "No," he said back getting closer and closer. "Luke I'm serious," I said still hitting him, he laughed, "I thought you were Amy?" He questioned. "Very funny, now put me down!" I shouted with him fake laughing.

We reached the edge of the sea and before I knew it he ran in, chucking me over his head and I landed in the freezing cold water. I surfaced gasping for air as Luke clutched his stomach in laughter. I frowned, "this isn't funny, I'll get you back so bad you know!" I said splashing Luke in the face.

I stood and got out of the sea with Luke and we raced to get our towels. As we dried we sat down on the sand talking, "this has been one of the best days ever, thank you Luke," I told him resting my head on his shoulder like I always do. "It's ok, you needed it," he replied.

We were sat there for a while before we heard someone cough from behind us. I left Luke's shoulder and turned to see who is was and it was Jai. "Oh hey," I said flashing a smile while Luke turned around as well.

"What do you think your doing?" Jai asked in a angry tone. I pulled a confused face, "huh?" Me and Luke said at the same time. What is he going on about? "You know what," Jai said before turning on his heel and walking away from us. I frowned but got up and ran after Jai, leaving Luke sat down.

I caught up to him, "Jai what are you talking about?" I said placing my hand on his shoulder to make him stop walking. He faced me a look of anger on his face, "why were you two getting all cuddled up back there?" He half shouted at me as I pulled my hand away.

"Are you serious?!" I yelled, I was my turn to be angry. Jai still stood there in front of me, "yes I am! You're cheating!" He shouted. I was taken aback at what he just said, "your a prick," I said pushing him away with my hands and storming off back to Luke to get my stuff.

Jai didn't call my name to come back so I didn't give him the satisfaction of turning back to look at him. I reached Luke just as he was about to leave with all our stuff, "what was that about?" Luke asked. I didn't reply but grabbed my stuff and walked off to my house.

***
It's been 2days since Jai said that I had been 'cheating' on him. Me and Luke are best friends, nothing more, so why think that I'm cheating??

I'm ignoring Jai the best I can and its pretty easy considering he hasn't even bothered to call or text.

Today was the brooks bbq and I was invited. They have one every summer and people round the neighbourhood come each time. It started at 3pm and it was 2pm already so I decided to go for a shower. After I had showered I dried my hair and put it half up half down.

I then got dressed into my white floral, short summer dress with my nude heels (picture at the top) and my mums heart necklace and bracelet. For my makeup I did my usual but added winged eyeliner and lipgloss. I looked in the mirror for a bit until I was satisfied with what I looked like, grabbed my phone and left the house.