iv. 𝗎𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉

Start from the beginning

All Layla has to do is keep her eyes on Thea. She had just arrived, and she already wanted to leave. Layla stands near the door, keeping her eyes on Thea. The girl was already at her second cup when Layla's gaze fell on her.

By this rate, she'll be drunk before ten o'clock. If her getting drunk means, she can get home faster, than she is all for it.

When thirty minutes had already passed, Layla was still leaning against the wall watching over her sister. Thea was dancing with her friends, and she couldn't tell if her sister was drunk already.

"You look as though you'd want to be any place but here."

Layla turns to see a curly haired girl standing at her side with a red cup in her hand. "Is it that obvious?" the redhead asks. The girl smiles, leaning against the pole.

"Yeah. I'm Starr," the girl introduces herself.

"Hey, Starr. I'm Layla."

"Nice to meet you. So, who forced you to come?" the girl asks. Layla looks over to where Thea was talking to some guys. "I'm here with my older sister. And you?"

"I'm here with my cousin," Starr says, pointing to a buzzcut boy standing near the pool dressed in a blazer. "But it's an excuse to spy on my girlfriend."

"You're spying? Why though?"

Starr sighs as she looks over to the crowd. "Well, for one she didn't tell me she would be here, and secondly she didn't think of inviting me," Starr tells the redhead, and she takes a sip of the contents in the red cup.

"Who's your girlfriend?"

Starr points over to the crowd of people standing bear the beer table. Among them were Gia, Veronica, Ross, his two friends and Paisley. Layla frowns, wondering which one it was.
"Gia?"

"No. Paisley."

Layla's eyes widen, which made Starr laugh. "That's everyone's reaction when I tell them that," Starr says, chuckling. Layla was surprised because she thought Ross and Paisley were dating seeing as they are always together.

"Oh, I didn't mean to seem to surprised. I just thought Ross and she was dating. Guess I was wrong."

"I mean, they did date."

"And you're okay with her around her ex-boyfriend so much?" Layla asks, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, I trust her."

"Yet, you're spying on her?" Layla asks with a small chuckle. "Yes. And anyway I heard he had his sights on someone else. It's one of the new girls."

Layla looks over at the group. She hopes it isn't her because she wanted to avoid getting involved with that group at all.

"No, don't worry, it's not you," Starr says, reassuring the girl. Layla frowns, tilting her head. The only new students she knows about is Thea and Allison. It can't be Thea because she wouldn't give him the time of day, so would it be Allison?

"Allison?"

"Yep. He saw that Scott was interested in her, now he's trying to shoot his shot. He's an asshole if you ask me," Starr says.

"Every school has one, it's not a surprise," Layla says just when her eyes falls on Allison who's dancing with someone. "Is that Scott who's dancing with Allison?"

"Yes."

She kind of felt sorry for him. Ross and his friends are really assholes.
The boy suddenly bends forward, holding his head. Layla frowns staring at the boy, wondering what's wrong with him. He suddenly runs off and Allison runs after him.