Chapter 2

All was peaceful at the Academy. Students were outside, messing around until it was time for another class or just because they were bored as hell. Kids these days don't know what to do at their age.

Under the shade of a large tree, just outside of the inner courtyard of the prestigious building, Rose Welsh sat reading the new issue of Bleach. Each page was beautifully drawn, each character magnificently not OOC, each line as enjoyable as the last. Everything felt just right...

...Until screaming and a loud crash was heard just as she turned the page.

Rose didn't bother to figure out what the noise was herself. The occasional crash and screaming was somewhat normal around this boarding school, but not for simple "Whoops I'm so clumsy" mistakes. More like "Whoops, I accidentally set my girlfriend on fire and her green skin is burning" kind of thing.

But normally it wouldn't cause a lot of commotion among the entire student body at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, or more commonly known as X-Mansion. As Rose turned the next page to her interesting manga, a few of the students that usually never bothered to even see what's happening to the school (whether it be Magneto destroying it for the hundredth time or if someone was getting married) ran past the brunette, muttering to each other in hushed curiousness.

This caught Rose's eye, as she herself snapped closed her book and followed after them. A few times she would catch a glimpse of the large crowd of students around something through the branches of the trees, but she couldn't get a clear view of it until she exited the forest.

Everyone was in total awe at the sight before them. A large crater, probably large enough for a few cars to park in, was in the middle of the courtyard. Inside were creatures people rarely saw at the academy. Four large turtles, each a different shade of green, were groaning as they sat up to rub their shells. A rat had landed a few feet away, followed soon after, his frail hands searching the ground.

The strangers rubbed their eyes from any debris, then fixed their coloured masks as they looked around them. Each held their own level of confusion and fear. The red and blue ones were the first to react.

They jumped up, ready to fight whoever dared to come forth at their family. Stern gazes and grim faces were presented with their tense poses.

The orange one was looking around with mild curiosity. He was guarded as well, but not as much as his companions.

The purple one quickly went to help the ratman stand up, holding out a stick that resembled a makeshift cane.

"My sons, relax," he spoke. He sounded older and was hunched over as he held his back and winced in pain. "I do not believe that these people have come to harm us."

"Whaddya mean, Masta Splinta? They're starin' at us and makin' faces. They're obviously planning somethin'!" The red one growled. The blue one nodded in agreement.

"I don't say this often, but I have to agree with Raph on this, sensei. They don't look too friendly," Blue spoke.

The rat held up his free hand and gestures to the curious crowd. His sons looked as well, seeing the faces of the mutants around them. Some caught their eyes, seeing as they had markings on their skin or hair that seemed to move on its own.

"I believe they are like us. They do not mean any harm."

"He is right," a voice said. It startled the five, causing Orange to jump up with the rest of his brothers and Purple to step in front of the rat to protect him. "It seems as though you may be needing help. Or, a better understanding on what is happening."