Chapter 4-10: The Flaw in Benevolence

Start from the beginning

It looked as if Karuizawa was about to retaliate with a punch of her own, but a sense of hesitance seemed to betray her intentions.

Although anybody was capable of being cruel, unless a situation was specifically geared toward bringing cruelty out, it was hard for somebody to go against their core nature to do so.

Karuizawa Kei - you are not somebody who can easily hurt others, as seen just now.

However, I'm going to need you to let go of those reservations.

Taking advantage of the moment of hesitation, Manabe ripped her arm free and used it to deliver a harsh backhand to Karuizawa's opposite cheek.

"Yes!! Go on!"

"Slap the bitch!"

Manabe's friends cheered happily, making it obvious that they were deriving gratification from seeing Karuizawa suffer.

Right now, though, all you'll accomplish from that is fuelling a fire.

Karuizawa forcefully planted her hands against Manabe's shoulders, and using the full power of her body weight, shoved her away.

She didn't intend to merely gain space, though; Karuizawa pursued Manabe promptly, and before she could regain stability against the ground, Karuizawa grabbed a handful of her hair and, this time without second thought, pulled it hard.

"Ouch!!! You fucking bitch!"

Manabe screamed curses at Karuizawa as she was dragged roughly to the floor.

"Oi, who does Karuizawa think she is?!"

"Let's teach her a lesson!"

Manabe's two friends, who had been assigned the job of blocking Karuizawa's escape routes, immediately forgot their roles and rushed toward the fight in a surge of anger.

Everything so far has gone exactly as I planned.

Everything from the set-up to this confrontation to the precise direction of the conflict happened just as I'd orchestrated.

I calmly took out my mobile phone, and opened up the camera app, pointing the lens towards the scene before me. It was somewhat reminiscent of my first confrontation with Kushida.

In just a moment, Manabe's two allies will be upon Karuizawa, and in their rage, will deliver a severe retribution to her for hurting their friend.

After being saved by her friends, it is inevitable that Manabe will look to seek revenge on Karuizawa for hurting and humiliating her. She will join in the assault.

If I start recording at the right time, the video will depict one clear story; that Karuizawa Kei was viciously and one-sidedly attacked by three Class C girls.

On top of this recorded evidence, there are also witness accounts from her group in the Zodiac exam which can support the fact that Karuizawa had been harassed by these girls already.

With all of that stacked against him, if I were to use this for blackmail purposes, Ryūen would be facing a severe loss of class points, and the potential expulsion of three classmates if he did not bend to my will.

Yamashita grasped the back of Karuizawa's clothes, and roughly yanked her away from Manabe.

Manabe's other friend, Yabu Nanami, moved behind her, and used both of her hands to restrict one of Karuizawa's.

Yamashita, likewise, did the same on the other side.

"Come on, Shiho-san. She deserves it."

Encouraged by her friends and enraged by Karuizawa's retaliation, Manabe picked herself back up and gave Karuizawa a terrifying glare.