Chapter 3-Advice

• Dedicated to Jemima Shenton

VIV

I needed some serious girl help with this, it was crazy, I couldn't believe I was falling so fast for a guy I met a week ago. But I could still recall the way my heart was going estatic in my chest and the way Justin made me feel all warm and mushy. I decided to call my friend Jemima.
"Yo Jem!" I greeted down the phone, I heard her growl on the other side and I laughed.
"I told you Viv, don't call me that" she muttered.
"Sure sure" I dismissed "Anyway, I need to talk to you about something..." I told her all about going to the MMA's and how I met Justin and how I felt now...
"What?!" Jemima shrieked down the phone "All this happened and you're only telling me now?!"
"Chill your beans Jem" I said "I just needed some advice"  I heard her sigh on the other end.
"Honestly Viv, you're hopeless" she replied "But, okay when are you gonna see him again?"
"Month long ski trip in Austria on saturday" I said, Jemima ummmed for a minute then came to a conclusion.
"a whole month?" she said "Okay, so that gives you loads of time, just play it slow y'know? Don't make it too clear that you have feelings for him but just enough to hint it." I mused over this for a second, I needed more.
"What if say we're in a room together, just the two of us?" I asked.
"Then just make small talk!" Jemima said like it was the most easy thing in the world "Oh, and when you're on the slope or mountain or whatever, make sure to trip over a few times so he can come over and pick you up, or you could act like you can't ski so he'll have to teach you and hold you're hand! Great idea yeah?"
"No" i argued "Not a good idea, I look like a total moron when I fall over and I can ski! I am not pretending to be a retarted clumsy seal just so I can hold his hand! I'll have to find another way to get closer to him" Jemima blew a gusty sigh and I could just image her rolling her eyes at my pride.
"Fine" She said "If you don't wanna do that, just jump into his bed with him and make out with him!" I glared at the phone, blushing at the thought.
"Shut up!" I shreeched and I heard her laugh hysterically on the other end. I scowled and felt like giving my friend a punch in the face.
"Jeez, chill Viv" she chortled "Anyway, on the serious side, just take it easy y'know just enjoy yourself and see where it goes, who knows? Maybe you two'll be together by the end of the month!'

"Thanks Jem" I said gratefully "I'll let you know how it goes"