Chapter 2: Roots Can't Be Healed

A man alone in a dark room just sitting on a rocking chair as he touch some precious things that he remind him of his family. Suddenly the man heard a slowly creak of the door as it opened. The footsteps is approaching him. 

"Papa?" Certainly it was his child. He smiled as he tried to trust his sense and lift up his left hand to touch the child. A warm hand squeeze his hands. "You miss them Papa?" The man nodded as response. He miss them so...so much. That only he wished for life is to see them again if possible. 

----

Iruma suddenly get up from laying down. He immediately roomed out his eyes around to find someone. His chest is throbbing so much and then a warm hand suddenly placed on his shoulders. Iruma look who is it .Stared for the person a minute and immediately throw himself. It was his grandpa. They stayed hugged for a minute went Iruma decided to pull out.

"Gran--granpa...Opera?" Iruma tried to speak but his throat feels so dry at this moment. He look around at his surroundings again and he see some people he doesn't know. His eyes is trying to find the servant demon. He look back again at his grandpa with confuse look.

Sullivan tried to put a reassuring smile at his face but his eyes telling it all. He couldn't hide what he is feeling right now. Iruma face started to get pale as the memories suddenly flow over in his head. The scene of Opera letting him escape, the cave and the...death of Opera right in front of his eyes. Tears started to come out again in his eyes as he remember it all scenes. He look at his hands and horror in his face written as he still feel the blood.

He get up from the bed and run into the corner of the room and started to scream. He is completely trying to deny all of this situations. He don't want to accept but the more his memories becoming more clearly. The images of him and Opera, a lifeless body in front of him making him more shiver.

Sullivan on other side look sadly at his grandson who witnessed a sudden death of his servant. the demon who he treat like his child too. When he came into the scene, his eyes can't believe of what he is seeing that time. He rushed and try to comfort his grandson who completely look getting out of breath.

The tears fall into his eyes as he stared at Opera. He hugged the lifeless body and his grandson. No one will imagine one day a scene like this would happen. Never in Sullivan's life he imagined that kind of scene. His heart is aching for the loss of his dear child.

The old demon get up from bed not minding the stares around them. He approach his grandson and place its head on his chest and he started cooing his dear grandson who is crying so much. Sullivan can't blame Ihis precious grandson and for sure it will left a trauma on the child. Balam came into the room witnessing the current scene. He look at the two sadly specially for Iruma who seems can't accept what happened. Also him can't accept what happen too.

Balam also come into the scene in the forest along with Kalego. Both of them got ordered to stay on Sullivan's side that time when the old demon suddenly run off so they decided to tail him but the scene that welcomed them isn't the thing they didn't imagined.

Kalego is the one who take Opera's lifeless body and Balam see how Kalego look like he can't believe what happening. His arms that time is trembling as he look directly at his senior in his arms. Even Kalego hated the cat demon for being bossy ever since he was a student. He never in his life wished to see this.

"O-Opera san!Opera san! WAHHHH!!" The human screamed at the top his lungs as he still hugged by Sullivan who is starting to shed tears. He tighten the hug and buried his grandson's face at his chest, wanting him to calm down. This scene of his grandson can't accept what happened aching his heart so much. He wants to say it's fine but he doesn't know why his voice won't come out at this moment.

Sullivan feels like he's grandson need to do this than keeping himself. On the other side, in a room where there's only single light. Enough to see both darkness and light. A demon sitting in the corner as his tears is flowing down in his face. He stared at the bed not far away from him. A lifeless demon body. 

Kalego can hear Iruma's scream. He also feel bad at his student who witnessed the death of Opera. Sure this senpai of him always get in his nerves but now he can't help but to shed tears in the corner. This dawn at Netherworld an emergency alarm suddenly get activated making some demons woke up from their peaceful sleeping.

Confused faces and thinking it was a joke when one by one explosions happened. Demons wearing black cloak  started to rampage. Kalego immediately try to know what is happening. He is at Babylus that time preparing some tasked for his class when a loud explosion outside of the school heard.

Those students who sleep inside the school immediately get instructed to evacuate and go to safe place. On Sullivan mansion some attackers also came in by surprise. They went successfully inside of the mansion despite having barrier.

Sullivan wasn't there that time cause he immediately get called for meeting leaving Opera and Iruma at his mansion that time. Little the old demon he knows it will be the last time he will see Opera. He got call in the morning that Opera fought some demons inside the mansion and the demon is nowhere to be found as well as his grandson so he immediately leave on his site and went immediately back home.

Hoping the two are okay and safe. But the scene he found was horrible. Balam and Kalego who tailed him also witnessed how his grandson is trying to wake up Opera until his conscious started to fall.

When they get back from the mansion. Sullivan put his grandson into a empty room where it's quite neat and as for Opera is to the other side. Sullivan leave Iruma on Kalego and Balam's care as he head to the other room. He stayed standing in the front door for a moment and decided to step in. As expected seeing it more in this kind of state make the old mans leg wobble and the strength of his leg suddenly lose making him kneeled as he stared at Opera.

He touch its face and buried his face at the bloody chest. Not minding if its sticky. Sullivan is kinda hoping to feel warm from the demon but there's really none other than cold lifeless body. The first demon who he adopt and promised to be forever in his side now died without being in his side in the last moment.

"We'll gonna meet again soon. Thank you for your service my dear child,Opera"

-----

I actually need to deal with my annoying classmates today but It's boring to fight with em so here ya go. Should we start to continue the Netherworld's Order again? hehehe~

This is unedited but will be edited soon. 

Nov.10.21

Twitter/Tumblr/Wattpad: NevhinLec

Lovely Sacrificeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें