In the scene, Steve and Kaya have an argument, and then makeup. Joe looks down at his lines and then looks over at me. I notice his eyes change as he embodies an angry Steve Harrington.

"What are you talking about!?" Joe yells as Steve, throwing his hands in the air, "You cannot seriously be mad at me for seeing Nancy. We have all been through so much together - we're still going through it, of course we're still going to be friends."

"It's not that you saw her, it's not," I say as Kaya, my voice cracking with emotion, "It's that you lied about it. You're shutting me out."

My eyes start to sting with tears as I embody Kaya and the feelings she's going through.

Joe takes a step forward and places his hand on my shoulder. Instantly I feel that heat again, soaring through my veins as though I'd taken a shot of whiskey. Joe looks into my eyes and for a moment I wonder if he felt it too.

"Hey, hey," Joe coos softly, "I'm not shutting you out. I'm not. I just didn't want you to worry, but I can see I made it worse by lying. I promise I will never do that to you again"

"Promise Steve? Because I can't take feeling like that again." My lip trembles.

Joe takes my face in his hand and looks deep into my eyes.

"I promise" He whispers. His face so close to mine, I can feel his breath on my lips.

"Yes!" Shawn shouts out.

Joe and I turn to Shawn, breaking apart.

Shawn looks at me with a big grin on his face.

"I knew you could do it. Great work Kaya, you too Joe! You two have great chemistry. I almost  wish we were filming right then, that was touching." Shawn gushes to us both.

"You guys were great," Says the lady casting agent that was in the room, a smile on her face, "We'll be in touch very soon, we're trying to fill this part quickly."

"Thank you so much everyone. Thank you for giving me this opportunity," I say with a smile.

I gather my things to leave and Joe opens the door for me. I thank him, but he follows me out.

"I'm heading off too, you were the only audition today," He explains as he walks with me.

"I would have thought they would have been auditioning more people, considering how badly they need to fill the part," I say to him.

Joe looks at me and bites his bottom lip, like he's not sure to tell me something.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Technically, they already have a short list. But, they decided to audition you after Shawn told them how great you'd be for the role and explained how much you help us," He says carefully,  not sure how I'd react.

"Oh god, I can't believe he did that. I'd hate for him to stick his neck out for me, only for me to do horribly," I sigh.

"Horribly? You were amazing! You were so easy to work with too, we fell right into roles. Besides... You heard them, we have great chemistry," Joe says with a wink.

I laugh and nudge him.

"I did feel pretty confident in there. Still, if I got the part, I'd hate for people to think I only got it because of a special favour,"

Joe stops me, putting his hands on both my shoulders.

"Hey, none of that. You have talent, that's why Shawn got you the audition. No one will think like that once they see you in action, your talent will speak for itself," Joe says to me, his eyes looking into mine as if he's making sure I believe him, and I do.

"Thank you," I say softly back to him.

Joe let's go of my shoulders and we continue to walk towards the outside doors.

"Anytime," He says with a smile.

As we walk outside of the building, Joe stops and turns to me.

"Call me as soon as you find out you got it, we'll celebrate," He says.

"If I get that part... I will call you," I say with a smile.

Joe shakes his head.

"Of course you will get it," He says.

"Bye Joe," I say, turning to walk to my car.

"Hey Charlee!" Joe calls out.

I turn around.

"Nice outfit" He says with a smile.

I shake my head this time and get in my car.