Volume 1: Chapter 5; First Mission

Start from the beginning

Y/N: h-hi

Weiss: The Headmistress wants you, my team, and team Jnpr in her office, we have a mission.

Y/N nodded and gently closed the door. He sighed and had walked over to the window. He stopped in front of the egg he had, as it was on a pedestal with a heat lamp.

Y/N: alright buddy, daddy has to go on a mission, uncle Frank will watch you.

Frank rolled his eyes as Y/N opened his window. He looked out and took off his shirt. He jumped out his window and spread his wings, flying up to Olivia's office. Upon getting to the top of her tower, he knocked on the window and Glynda opened it. He smiled as she stepped back, he put his shirt back on, he had looked around, but didn't see Olivia.

Y/N: where's the Headmistress?

Glynda: she's at the bottom of the elevator getting Teams Rwby and Jnpr.

Y/N: right

He began to look around, his hands swaying from side to side as they waited. He took a deep breath and exhaled.

Y/N: um... G-glynda... Can I call you Glynda?

Glynda: of course, nothing wrong with first names. Right?

She said with a smile. Y/N let out a nervous chuckle. He gulped and slight stretched his collar.

Y/N: right, so um. I just wanted to ask you a tiny question, i-if that's alright.

Glynda: and what is it?

She turned to the boy as he was still a nervous wreck. He felt his heart pounding as he looked into her eyes.

Y/N: do you... Maybe wanna, uh, I-I don't know... Want to, uh

He stared into his eyes, everything began to deafen around them as his heart grew louder. He was about to speak again, but he stopped and coughed, as if he was choking on air.

Glynda: are you okay?

She asked as she pat his back. The elevator dinged as Y/N slowly stopped. He stood up and quietly coughed into his hand. The nine women had arrived.

Olivia: perfect, we're all here.

Yang had looked at Y/N as he was coughing and then back at Glynda, sending a small glare that went unnoticed by the witch.

Olivia: now, we have been requested as backup from the Headmistress of Mistral. She had sent some of her students to apprehend what they supposed is a Grimm, but they never made it back. The Grimm seems to be feasting on their cattle, which is strange since Grimm don't primarily eat anything. You nine are going as backup, and as for why Y/N is going, they have also reported sighting those thorns in the forest.

Pyrrha: thorns? Like from a bush?

Olivia: primarily Ms. Nikos, those are non of your concern. They are at/N's and Y/B's alone. You will be departing among the hour, so be ready.

She smiled as the girls walked out. Y/N walked to the window, taking off his shirt once more.

Glynda: hold on, Y/N, what were you going to ask me?

Y/N: oh, uh, n-nothing!

He quickly said as he jumped out and flew to his dorm.

[50 minutes later]