T W E N T Y F O U R

Start from the beginning

"Aren't you happy about the kiss scene too?" She asks me, confused.

I nod slowly.

"I am, I guess. I mean, it's work and I'm going to be professional, like last time," I tell her.

Maya snorts. I roll my eyes and continue.

"But I'm nervous, about after. He said he didn't want to rush into a relationship and to wait until our second on screen kiss... But, I don't know what I'm supposed to be expecting. A declaration? A date? A relationship? I don't know what's going to happen. What if he decides he doesn't want me anymore?" I pour all my thoughts and insecurities out to her, my shoulders relaxing as I unload what had been weighing me down.

Maya reaches her arm around me and rubs my shoulder, resting her head against mine.

"You, my dear Charlee, are an idiot," She says to me.

I turn my head to her shocked. What? She answers my silent question.

"He has been into you for over a year now. He broke up with Gemma for you. And, didn't he write a song for you? Of course he still wants you. How slow he's going to take things? I don't know. But I can guarantee you, he's going to take them somewhere," Maya tells me, finishing her reassuring comments with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle and smirk. I couldn't expect much less from her really.

* * * *

I stand to the side, waiting to be called to my place on set. I got there a little bit early, too anxious to wait around doing anything else.

Robert comes over to me, and checks I'm okay for the hundredth time. It must be evident that I am nervous, perhaps by the hand wringing or the way I stare off into space as my mind keeps drifting off.

"You got this Charlee, just do the dialogue and kiss him. Like last time," Robert tells me as he hugs me.

My eyes grow wide as he removes himself from the hug.

"Last time he ended up hating me!" I tell him, my voice wavering.

Robert lowers his head and looks into my eyes.

"Last time he got cranky that he couldn't hold your hand, this time you're going to let him," He tells me with a smile.

The panic starts to leave my body.

"Right, yeah. Of course," I say.

Robert leaves me to check what else needs to be done, and I begin to wring my hands again. I want to be excited, I thought I'd be excited, but after everything that's happened, I can't help but expect it to go horribly wrong.

"Is she okay?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

I turn my head to see Joe talking to Robert, who is smiling at Joe and nodding his head.

"Just nervous," Robert tells him.

Joe walks over to me and stands directly in front of me.

"Charlee, look at me," He commands.

My eyes land on his and my breathing quickens.

"I'm not going to put my hands on you right now, because we are so close to this scene being done. But, imagine they are on your shoulders like I used to do okay?" Joe tells me.

I nod at him, still staring into his eyes. I imagine I can feel the warmth and fire of his hands on my shoulders. It's not the same as the real thing, but with him standing there, my breathing starts to even out and my shoulders relax.