E I G H T E E N

Começar do início

I rush through the door, into what is supposed to be the store room of the video store. Steve follows closely behind me.

"Kaya, can you just stop and talk to me for a moment!" Steve shouts, frustrated.

"Too busy Steve, monsters don't fight themselves you know... at least I don't think so, this is my first dealing with monsters," I say, stopping for a moment and cocking my head to the side to consider it.

I start picking up everything big I can think of, that we can use to either board up the windows or as self defence.

"Kaya!" Steve shouts.

I keep moving, stacking things on the bench near by.

"Kaya!" Steve shouts again.

I turn around.

"What!? What Steve!? What can be so important?" I ask him, annoyed.

He blinks at me for a second in silence. I roll my eyes and start to turn back to the bench, when Steve grabs my wrists.

"Just stop," Steve says, quieter this time.

I stop and stare at him, waiting for whatever it is that's so important, he needs to tell me in the middle of a monster-pocalypse.

"I spoke to Robin, she's fine with it," Steve says finally.

I squint at him. What?

"Fine with what?" I ask him, confused.

"This!" Steve says loudly.

"What?" I ask, not understanding.

Steve rolls his eyes with a sigh, and drops my wrists, before beginning to walk away.

But, he stops. He turns around, and walks up to me until his body is very close to mine. He reaches his hand up to my cheek and my breath hitches.

"This," Steve whispers, leaning in and kissing me gently.

I reach my arms around his neck as I kiss him back. He is leaning in closer to me now and kissing me harder, his tongue pushing against mine as if they were in battle.

He moves his hands to my waist and pushes his hands up my back and bringing me closer, as I kiss him back just as hard. I grab onto the hair at the back of his neck, earning a small moan from him.

Steve moves his hands back down to my waist and lifts me up onto the bench, I stop and look down at him for a moment, now that I'm higher than him, before moving my head back down and continuing to kiss him passionately.

Finally Steve and I pull away and look at each other, panting. I let out a giggle and Steve joins in laughing. I don't know how much of what just happened was acting... and how much of that was us.

"Cut!" Shawn shouts.

I hop down off of the bench as Shawn walks over to us.

"Not bad guys, I think we got it all in one take. I liked the bench and the laughing too, nice," Shawn says to us smiling.

I smile shyly at Joe and he smiles back. Putting me on the bench was definitely not what we had planned, neither was the laughing. That was us.

As Shawn is leaving, I start walking over to Maya, when Joe grabs my wrist.

"Do you want to go get something to eat?" Joe asks me.

I move Joes hand off of me.

"Joe..." I say looking at my wrist, and then him.

Joes face fills with confusion.

"Wait, I still can't touch you?" He asks me.

"Our characters don't get together yet, it's after their second kiss remember?" I say to him.

Joe pokes his tongue into his cheek and shakes his head.

"What?" I ask him.

"Come over here," He says.

Joe grabs me by the wrist again, despite my protests and pulls me away from the set to a small nearby room. He pulls me into the room and shuts the door, before turning to me.

"Do you just not like me or something?" Joe asks me.

My eyebrows lift as I process what he's said.

"What? Of course I do. Why would you think that?" I ask him.

Joe sighs.

"You made this whole rule not to touch each other, I don't know, it's like you're pushing me away or something," He says to me.

I laugh. I actually laugh. He says this after pushing me away how many times?

"I'm pushing you away? Really?" I ask him, but he ignores what I say.

"Why else would you do this then?" He asks me.

"I told you, the chemistry we have..." I tell him.

Joe sighs and runs his hand through his hair. He looks unconvinced. I lean against the wall.

"Joe... The chemistry we have... That electricity. That doesn't happen unless you like someone..." I tell him, hoping he'll get the hint.

"Or if you hate them," He shrugs.

"Really?" I ask him.

"Do you hate me?" Joe asks me.

"No, Joe," I tell him softly, looking right into his eyes.

He moves closer to me.

"Do you hate me?" I ask, my lip trembling a little.

Joe moves closer so we are inches from each other. That electricity between us feeling thick and dark, like it could turn into something dangerous any minute.

"Not at all," Joe whispers.

I can feel his breath on my face. I move my hand up to touch his cheek, and he moves away.

"No touching. Remember?" He says, before opening the door and slamming it and leaving the room without a goodbye, or even a look back.

I am left in the room alone and I realise I'm practically panting. I close my eyes as I try to regulate my breathing. What is happening between us?