Gemma nods at Joe, before turning to us and smiling.

"It was so good seeing you guys, and meeting you Charlee! You're as lovely as I imagined," Gemma says, waving goodbye as Joe wraps his arm around her waist and leads her to his trailer.

I feel Maya squeeze my hand, and I come back to reality. Not realising I'd ever left it.

"You okay?" Maya asks me.

I nod, but I can't talk.

"Let's sit her down," I hear Robert say and he leads me over to the couches.

"Ugh," I groan, placing my head in my hands as I sit down.

"I didn't think that was too awkward," Robert says, and I look at him in disbelief.

"That, is because you don't understand subtext," Maya says.

"What subtext?" Robert says.

Maya rolls her eyes.

"She was so nice!" I yell out, and Robert and Maya look at me.

"She was so nice, and I've been dreaming about kissing her boyfriend," I say, putting my head in my hands.

"Hey, hey. Yes she's nice. She always has been. But, they honestly have not been getting along for so long now," Maya says as she rubs my shoulders.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I ask her.

"Kinda? I just don't think you should feel too bad that you and Joe have been... Having chemistry," Maya says, biting her lip.

I groan and lay my head back on the couch.

"I don't want to hear the word chemistry ever again. Maybe we should stop being friends," I say sadly.

Robert shakes his head.

"No, you two honestly, you've been good for each other. He's gotten you out of your shell, and he's been writing music again since you two have been hanging out," Robert tells me.

My eyes widen.

"He has?" I ask softly.

Robert nods, smiling.

"That's worse somehow. That's it, I'm going to stop seeing him outside of work," I say adamantly.

Maya shakes her head and glances at Robert, who just shrugs his shoulders in defeat. There's nothing more they can do to convince me. It's pointless.

After a few minutes of silence, we hear a voice.

"Hey,"

I look up and see Joe and Gemma standing before me, his arm around her waist and her leaning into him. I know the pain in my stomach I'm feeling now is jealousy.

"Um. Gemma was hoping that, you guys would come over for dinner sometime?" Joe says, sounding nervous.

Maya, Robert and I glance at each other confused.

"It's just that I don't really get to see you guys much, and I'd really like to get to know you better Charlee," Gemma says to all of us, her face full of hope.

I take a quick glance at Joe, and his eyes lock with mine for a moment. I'm sure he is trying to say something with them, but I'm unsure what.

"We'll be there!" Robert answers for us.

"Just give me the details and I'll make sure these guys show up and are decent," Robert says.

Gemma smiles a big smile.

"Thank you!" Gemma says brightly.

"Hey, uh. Should we invite Charlie, Nat and Dacre too?" Joe asks Gemma.

Robert perks up a little when he hears that.

"Good idea! A real dinner party? This is going to be so much fun!" Gemma exclaims happily.

Joe chuckles at her excitement and I feel the pain again. How am I going to get through dinner like this?

"Let's go find them," Joe says to her, and they say goodbye and leave.

"We have got to be there," Robert says, looking at me and Maya.

I roll my eyes.

"I don't think I can do that," I say to Robert, shaking my head.

Robert takes my hands, and looks into my eyes.

"Please," He pleads.

Maya laughs.

"Why do you want to go so bad?" Maya asks.

Robert bites his tongue and glances over to me.

"Can I tell her?" I ask.

He nods.

"Dacre," We both say at the same time.

Mayas mouth drops in surprise, then looks from Robert, to me.

"Dacre?" She asks.

Robert nods again, his face flushing red.

"Oh my god! You like him!" Maya squeals, looking at Robert.

Robert sighs.

"It's not like he's ever going to like me back. I'm pretty sure he doesn't "swing" that way," Robert says sadly.

"You don't really know until you talk to him," Maya says to Robert.

She turns to me.

"We are going to that dinner. I know it'll be awkward for you, but we've supported you in your love life - or lack there of. Charlee, it's time to support Roberts," Maya says to me.

I sigh. I know she's right.

"Okay," I agree.

"I'll go to the dinner party," I tell them.