Chapter 9

Rebecca's POV

        It has been a couple of days since the whole Kendall thing and I hadn't talked to Joe in a while. I still had no idea what I was going to do and talking to Joe really would not help the situation. I decided to give my self some space from Joe and really think about what I wanted to do. I didn't want to get back into a relationship with him and then just be hurt again. I knew he said he had changed but I still wasn't fully convinced. I was trying to weigh out the pros and cons of getting back into a relationship with him, but that didn't help at all. It really just confused me even more. I figured I should just give him another chance cause I didn't see the harm in it. I wasn't going to let myself fall as hard as I did again because I was not going to get hurt again. 

        I texted Joe and I said, "Hey thanks again for bringing Kendall in I really appreciated it. It truly meant a lot to me."

He responded right away, "You're welcome I just wanted to show you how much I cared."

I said, "Well you did thank you so much."

He said, "So could we go back to the way we used to be?"

I said, "Well I don't want to throw myself back into a relationship with you, but I am willing to take it slow."

He said, "Well I'm going to take what I can get."

I responded with laughing faces and said, "Well where shall we go for our date."

He said, "Why don't you just come over and we can cuddle and watch Netflix together."

I said, "That sounds really nice I would love that."

He said, "Great! I'll see you tomorrow at 8 ;)"

        I was happy and I followed my heart. I have faith that this time it will work out between us and I am excited to see where this all ends up going. Yes, I was very nervous but aren't all people when getting into a romance with someone who hurt you? I just hoped that things went a lot better than they did the last time. I wanted things to work out cause I really cared about Joe.

Joe's POV

        I was very excited to start my new romance with Rebecca again. I was so excited to see her beautiful face and stare into her hazel brown eyes. I was going to make the night perfect just for her. I wanted her to forget about what I had done and remember why we were perfect for each other. I loved Rebecca and I was going to make sure she knew that. That's right I'm going to tell her I love her and I hope she will feel the same way. I was very nervous but I did I loved this girl and I wasn't going to hide it. I was going to leave it all on the table and I hoped she would feel the same way. If she doesn't then I don't know what I'll do. 

Rebecca's POV

        It was the day I was going over to Joe's house and I was really nervous and excited at the same time. I hoped things would go the way I expected them and a lot better than last time. It was about noon and I got bored so I decided to text Brandon. I asked him what's up just a typical conversation. We were talking for a while about the stupidest things ever, but it was funny. Then all of the sudden he says, "Rebecca I need to tell you something." I say, "Ok..." He then sends me a picture of Joe sitting having lunch with Lily and holding her hand. I told him to send me a video so I knew he wasn't lying. He sent me the video then I rushed to meet him at the mall to see it for myself. 

        There, there Joe was sitting there with Lily. They were laughing and holding hands. They then got up and I stood right there in front of Joe. He knew what he had done and this time I was not forgiving him. He looked me in my eyes and I looked into his. I turned around and walked away he started following me. I was too hurt to look back and look at him. He grabbed my arm and I just ran away and he stopped following me. Why would he do this to me? I thought he changed, but obviously he didn't care about me at all.