━━JŪROKU

Start from the beginning

The players then greeted them as they returned. It was Nishinoya who saw them first.

"Hey, they're here!" The libero exclaimed as he looked through the window. He saw how Hinata was the first one walking before the group.

"Shōyō!" He called the latter. "You were with them? I thought you were in your room. We were about to ask you—"

The libero did not continue on what he was about to say. Hinata had a somber expression on his face. He never saw him that serious.

"Uhh—"

The decoy just went straight to the kitchen. He did not even say a word.

"Eh—? What happened to him?" Their ace, Asahi, asked. "Maybe he's in a bitter mood, I guess?" Sugawara answered as he had drawn another UNO card.

The other group then arrived inside with the ingredients for tonight's dinner. "Woah. Took you long enough." Their captain uttered.

"Yeah, sorry about that!" Tanaka apologized, scratching the back of his head. "They're starting on it now—right, Kageyama?"

The setter then nodded. Also proceeding to go inside the kitchen. He unpacked all the items, starting to prep all of them.

Hinata was in the grill preparing to lit it up for the barbecue.

The two were both quite. Only the sound of chopped vegetables and the crackling of the fire in the grill. 

"Do you need any help?"

They heard a voice asking the two teammates, breaking the silence. Both then saw the Fuji granddaughter standing in the threshold of the kitchen, waiting for a response.

"Can you peel this?" Kageyama pointed at the cucumber. Nao then nodded, approaching him.

She washed her hands and took a peeler from the drawer. Nao began to peel the fruit. Kageyama then started to season and marinate the meat. The grill was almost ready.

"I'll be preparing the rest of the ingredients that you haven't yet finished." She told the setter, already done peeling the cucumber. The girl subsequently cut it into thin slices. After that, Nao started to chop the lettuce and then diced the onions.

"Nao-san." Kageyama mentioned her name. She briefly turned to him as she was washing the remaining vegetables. "Hm?"

"Thank you."

Kageyama muttered, it was low and quite, but Nao could still hear the latter.

"I'm glad that I could help." The girl then looked at him.

"Kageyama-san."

The setter stared at her, it was only for a while. But he could feel his chest and hear what was inside of it. He wanted to say something.

"Ano—N—"

Kageyama immediately stopped as he heard a loud, deliberate cough from the other side of the kitchen.

They saw Hinata standing with his arms crossed. He was waiting for the marinade to be finished so he could barbecue it one by one.

He watched how she looked and smiled at him that way. As if they had known each other for quite a while.

Kageyama already had all the things that he never had.

The skills.

The talent.