CHAPTER 15: RUAN NANZHU

Start from the beginning

There was no response.

The sound faded, and a faint scent lingered near Lin Qiushi's nose. The fragrance was rather unique, carrying the scent of ice and snow. He instantly sensed something strange, despite being unable to see anything through his closed eyes.

It was a feeling hard to describe. Though Lin Qiushi's eyes were closed, he could clearly feel someone staring at him. The other's gaze was burning, and it caused a shiver to run down the spine of the one who was currently lying down.

...Someone was in his room. Lin Qiushi's consciousness gradually cleared up; he finally came to, and he couldn't be any more aware of this realization.

"How are you such a light sleeper?" An unfamiliar male's voice suddenly echoed in the room. The sound was extremely close, within his reach. The other's hot breath hit Lin Qiushi's ear.

Since the man had already noticed he wasn't sleeping, Lin Qiushi had no choice but to open his eyes.

The room wasn't lit, so he could only vaguely make out the uninvited man's appearance with the moonlight. It was a very beautiful man. Yet, although he was beautiful, there wasn't the slightest trace of femininity emanating from his body. As of this moment, his head was cocked to one side, and he was grinning as he watched Lin Qiushi. His dark eyes were concealed by shadows, so Lin Qiushi couldn't determine the other's mood at the time.

"You woke up?" The man tenderly caressed Lin Qiushi's lips with his fingers. His fingertips were ice-cold, lacking the temperature that humans should have. Nevertheless, they were delicate, supple enough, like a fine piece of jade.

Lin Qiushi instinctively wanted to escape from his current situation, but the man directly seized his wrists, capturing them in his hand. The man's strength was great, it was as if Lin Qiushi's hands were bound in steel cuffs. Lin Qiushi only had to struggle a bit, and a dull ache would instantly shoot up his wrists—if the man exerted just a bit more force, his hands would undoubtedly break in a flash.

"Who are you?" Lin Qiushi demanded. "It's against the law to break into a private residence—"

The man let out a chuckle; he was actually amused by Lin Qiushi. He slowly leaned forward, gradually approaching, and carefully studied Lin Qiushi's appearance. Soon after, he softly remarked, "Just as cute as I'd imagined."

Lin Qiushi's hair stood on end at his sudden statement.

Just when he thought the man might do something even more extreme, the other simply released his grip, then conveniently turned on the light near the bedside.

A bright glow enveloped the entire room, dispelling the uncertainties and fears brought by the darkness. At last, Lin Qiushi was able to see the man before him clearly.

The man's appearance was far more stunning than he'd imagined. But there was also something a bit off about him. The two's gazes interlocked for a second. Probably from seeing the vigilance and almost-imperceptible panic in Lin Qiushi's eyes, the man smiled again. He then extended his hand out to Lin Qiushi; his tone was ever so gentle as he said, "Welcome to the world of the doors."

Lin Qiushi didn't take his hand. He eyed him warily. "Who are you? Why are you in my house?"

The man didn't mind Lin Qiushi's cold attitude. He brushed it off and continued, "Hello, Lin Qiushi. My name is Ruan Nanzhu. I understand that you have quite a lot of questions, but as of this moment, I can only answer them one by one."

Lin Qiushi's lips were set in a straight line; stubbornness streaked his face.

Ruan Nanzhu lifted his arm and glanced at the time on his watch, "You only have ten minutes to get dressed right now. I'll be taking you somewhere afterwards."