Sunday

"Semi Semi Semi Semi Semi Semi Semi Semi Semi–"

"Oh my god, what," Semi snapped, lifting his head up to make eye contact with Tendo. Semi was currently bent over, touching his toes. He always made sure to stretch before running, and Sunday mornings were his running days.

"You knowww," Tendo drawled out, yawning, "Shirabu also goes on morning runs. You go on morning runs. I don't understand why you don't go together. Doesn't it get boring all by yourself?"

Semi stood up straight and stretched his arms across his chest, one at a time. "No, I have music. So it's fine."

Tendo hummed. "You always say that, then come back earlier than planned and complain to me about being lonely and wanting me to 'get my lazy ass up to join you'."

Semi opened his mouth to protest, then closed it. As much as he hated to admit it, Tendo was right. "Ugh, fine, whatever. I'll ask the stupid brat to run with me," Semi grumbled, turning around and opening the door to leave. He could've sworn he heard Tendo say something that sounded like "tsundere" before he closed the door, but he wasn't sure.

Almost unwillingly, Semi pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent Shirabu a quick "wanna run together?" He waited for a reply before he left the third year dorms–he didn't wanna wait in the cold for no reason.

Sunday, 05:05

E-boy

Wanna run together?

Shrub

Sure. Be at the school gates in 2

05:06

Semi smiled a bit and shoved his phone back in his pocket. He decided to go to the gates and wait for Shirabu, so he didn't get abandoned by the annoying brat.

True to his word, Shirabu was at the gates approximately two minutes later. Unlike Semi, who had dressed in a t-shirt and athletic shorts, Shirabu was dressed in a long sleeve shirt and what looked to be women's athletic shorts? Hey, Tendo owned some as well, and probably a few others on the team, too, so who was Semi to judge? (In fact, he thought it was quite cute).

"Morning," Semi greeted. Shirabu just nodded in response, not saying a word. Semi noted that despite what seemed to be Shirabu's best efforts, his hair was still sticking up in some places. "How many kilometers do you usually run?"

Shirabu shrugged. "Probably three or four."

Semi snorted. "No wonder your stamina is so poor."

Shirabu wrinkled his nose. "Isn't it too early to be starting fights, senpai?" he asked in a too-innocent tone, his voice doing the weird girly thing that annoyed Semi when he said senpai.

Semi just forced an irritated smile. "So, four kilometers?"

Shirabu glanced up at the early morning sky, chocolate eyes scanning the cloudy view. "Maybe three. It looks like it's going to rain."

"A little rain never hurt anyone," Semi teased. Shirabu shot him a dirty look.

"It does when you slip on wet sidewalk," he countered, huffing. Shirabu then began walking, not glancing back at Semi. "I'm doing three miles. Come on, before it starts to rain."

Semi obliged without another argumentative word. As much as arguing with Shirabu was fun, the stupid brat was right. They needed to run before it rained. So run they did.

They didn't talk the whole time. In fact, they both had headphones plugged into their phones. Still, it wasn't as lonely as Semi was used to. Maybe he'd ask the brat to run with him every Sunday now. Probably not, though, knowing his anxiety issue.