Saturday

Ah yes, one of the two days during the week where Semi didn't have to get up early to go to practise or school. He could sleep in. He could binge shows. He could annoy Tendo (who absolutely hated being woken up) until he screeched and started chasing around the ash blonde with his pillow.

Except he couldn't actually do any of that.

Semi had a part time job that he worked all day on the weekends so he could pay the monthly costs of living in the dorms since his father refused to. He didn't really believe in it, but he worked in an eclectic shop. And apparently the bi girls really liked him. It was a little tiring turning them down so much, but it wasn't his fault he caught feelings for the stupid brat that stole his position. At least the workers were nice. The one he trusted the most, Yui Michimiya, liked to tease him about his crush.

So he got up around 7 and dressed in appropriate clothing for work. Careful not to wake up his roommate, he grabbed a purple Monster from their stash and quietly left their room. Michimiya worked the same shift as he did, so he needed all the caffeine he could get to deal with that little rascal. Especially since she had somehow figured out his crush; (he'd never actually told her, she had just guessed).

He had to take the train to get to his job, but that was okay. The wait at the station wasn't too long. The ride on the train felt much longer than the wait. Maybe he woke up later than he usually did?

Semi got off at a stop relatively close to Aoba Johsai. It wasn't far, but it definitely wasn't close, either. But, hey, working was worth it since he got to live in the dorms rather than with his father. And he was grateful that there weren't customers most of the day except for witches, baby witches, gay couples and the people Michimiya classified as "goblin children." Semi didn't think it was far off.

Almost at his job, he ran into someone because he was spacing out. Semi panicked and immediately apologized to the...onion? Huh, what a strange hairstyle. Didn't one of Aoba Johsai's players have hair like that?

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" Semi fretted. "Are you okay?"

The onion man smiled at him. "I'm fine, thanks. Have a good day."

"You too." And they continued on with their lives.

Semi opened the door to his job five minutes before he actually had to be there. Michimiya, who was already there and on her phone, glanced up then smiled. "Morning Semi-kun!"

Semi nodded at her, finally cracking open his Monster as he went to sit behind the counter. "Mornin' Michimiya."

"You really need to stop drinking those things," she commented, wrinkling her nose and gesturing at the drink he was currently sipping. Semi scoffed.

"Hey, at least I'm not addicted to those hella expensive Starbucks caramel mocha lattes with exactly 2 pumps of vanilla."

Michimiya gasped in mock offense. "How rude! I thought we were friends </3!"

Semi stared at her. "How the fuck-"

"Language, Semi-kun." Semi groaned and decidedly took a large swig on Monster to end the conversation. "Aw, don't be that way."

"I'm not being any way," Semi denied.

"Sure you aren't."

"I'm not!"

"Okay."

"I swear to fucking Ushijima-"

"Language!"

Semi set down his Monster on the counter and pulled out his phone. "Whatever. It's too early for this."

Michimiya grinned. "And I win yet again."