Wednesday

Semi's class got an early lunch break today. His history teacher had to go home for a family emergency, so the homeroom teacher decided to just give them an early lunch. Most people didn't eat the school lunches anyway, so it wouldnt matter if there was an extra class in the cafeteria. Tendo and Ushijima were in a different class, so they'd have lunch at a normal time. Reon was in Semi's class, but they weren't extremely close.

Instead of going to the cafeteria, (Semi wasnt hungry), he went to the computer room to get the researching portion of his humanities essay complete. The computer room was on the second year's floor, so he got to walk past Shirabu's classroom. 2-A. The class for the know-it-alls. Semi snorted; Shirabu fit right in.

He opened the door to the computer room, stepped in, and closed it again. Surprisingly, there was only one screen lighting up the fairly dim room. Sat in front of said screen was a familiar-looking head of copper hair, with ear buds connected to his phone, presumably playing music. Semi would've talked to him, but Shirabu looked like he was trying to seriously focus on what he was doing. Instead of sitting next to him, he sat all the way across the room.

The other computer turning on must've gotten Shirabu's attention, because Semi heard him shift as if turning around, then face his computer again. He didn't want to talk, then. That was fine. Semi sat down and took his notebook out of his backpack to start doing research.

Semi was sure how much time had passed, but it was now 11:07 so it had been at least thirty minutes, when he saw the illumination from Shirabu's screen disappear. Upon turning around, he saw Shirabu packing up his stuff. Well, it was three minutes until lunch, Semi should probably do the same. He jotted down a few more things, then turned off his computer.

Semi found himself walking out of the computer room about thirty seconds after Shirabu, but said boy was no longer in the hallway. Semi didn't think he would be, anyway. The bell for lunch rang.

So, being one of the few who actually ate school lunches, Semi headed to the cafeteria. It was curry today. Not the best, not the worst. After paying for it, he scanned the cafeteria for Tendo and Ushijima and Reon and Soekawa, but he only saw Taichi and Yamagata.

Sighing, he settled for sitting by himself at the end of an empty table. He slowly ate his curry while scrolling idly on his phone. Huh, one of his favorite bands was touring in England. Oh, and they had a new release. He'd have to listen to it soon. He really liked the cover art for the new song, so he checked the profile of the person linked as the artist and-

The sound of chopsticks knocking against plastic made Semi look up. In front of his was Shirabu Kenjiro, calmly forming his rice into a ball so he could bring it to his mouth and eat it.

"Oh...hi?" Semi forced out, setting his phone on the table. Shirabu nodded in response (he was chewing). "Uh, any reason youre sitting here?"

"Yeah."

Semi waited for him to continue, but nothing else came. Shirabu simply kept eating. "Well...what is it?"

Shirabu swallowed and stared at Semi with an unreadable look. "That's two questions. You have eleven questions left."

Semi glared. "Oh my god."

"The reason is I can't keep watching Taichi and Yamagata flirt. Yamagata's going to end up heartbroken."

Semi frowned. "Really? But I thought for sure they liked each other."

Shirabu, chewing, waved his chopsticks dismissively. "You'll see." Okay then?

Semi sighed. "Alright. Well, do you wanna use your two questions now or save them?"

"That's two more than you, senpai." "Senpai" was said in an annoyingly high-pitched voice, like a lovesick shojo anime protagonist. Semi laughed at it, and he must've saw things wrong because he thought he saw the corners of Shirabu's mouth twitch up in a small smile.