Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"You're right." Jasper says, "You two better contact me."

We soon left and took a cab back to London. When I got home, I went straight for my bedroom to finish up packing, I only had a couple more things. As I went to go pack my laptop, I found a note beside it. I furrow my eyebrows and sat down on the ground before opening it.

Dear Ashley,

I knocked at your door and found out that you weren't home through your mum. She told me that you guys were leaving soon to go to America. Why didn't you tell me you were leaving so soon, Ashley? But, I guess it's a good thing since I wouldn't have been able to handle seeing you.

I had only one person to visit before being sent to the Maudsley Hospital to get 'healed' and I couldn't really think of anybody but you. When you weren't home I just wrote you a letter and told your mom to give this to you. I hope she won't read this when I leave.

The couple of months we had together was quite the ride. And I can't believe I was stupid enough to lose you.

You mean so much more to me than you think you do. I've never really trusted anyone besides you. I didn't even trust myself. In fact, I despise myself.

You made me happy when I felt like I couldn't smile again. I don't know what it was about you, but you could always cheer me up no matter what the situation was. I hope you haven't told the others about my life, I don't want them to worry. Though, they'll soon find out through whispers.

I was so happy when I saw you in the hospital. I wanted to let you in so bad. I fucking hated it in there. I wanted to be out there with you and tell you that I'm fine and apologize for the stupid shit that I did to hurt you. You probably won't believe me but I didn't hit on Lizzy in my own free will. I was drunk. I needed something to make me numb and I couldn't have access to you so I got drunk. I didn't know I would make such stupid decisions while I was intoxicated.

I love you so much Ashley and I care about you so much. I wish you will have the heart to forgive me for my actions.

There are so many things that I haven't told you and wish to. I'll tell you the next time I see you. That is, if I ever get to see you again.

Love,

Niall xx

I felt emptiness all over again. It was as if, I was already okay with what happened and I was healing, but he poured salt into my wounds. I shoved the letter in the laptop bag and finished up packing. Taking out my pain in random objects by pushing them, shoving them, maybe kicking them. Nathaniel walks into the room and furrows his eyebrows at me as he found me just sprawled on the floor, looking at the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" He asks and takes a seat next to me.

"Anything to end the pain." I mumble.

"Deep." He laughs. I roll my eyes at him and chuckle. "What's bugging you?"

"When we were gone, Niall came to visit." I say. Nathaniel just nods. "And he left me a note."

I handed the note to Nathaniel before curling up into a ball in the floor.

There wasn't a point in hiding it. We're leaving in a few hours so it doesn't matter. This will all be past one day. It's quite amazing thinking of the fact that 'the now' will be 'the past' one day. Something we can look back and laugh about or maybe learn lessons from.

Nathaniel puts down the note before hugging me and then walking away. I finished up packing and I decided to take a piece of paper out and started to write a letter to Niall. It was just one quick letter.

I brought down the rest of my stuff and hopped into a cab. I go over to Niall's house and stood in front of the door. I exhaled in and out deeply before knocking. The door was opened by an older man. I assumed this was Niall's brother.

"Greg, you don't know me. But, please do me a favor." I say and he looked at my skeptically but also with a look that said 'go on'. "I have a letter for Niall and I can't give it to him myself because I'm leaving soon. I swear I'm not like a bully or a psycho ex-girlfriend."

Greg just nods. "I know who you are, sorta. Don't worry, this will get to him."

I smile at him an give him a quick hug.

"Thank you!" I shout before getting into the cab and back home.

Brianna was asleep in mum's arms, Cameron looked like he can't wait to pass out, Mallorie was just texting away from her phone, Dad was in a wheelchair, and Nathaniel was just sitting on his suitcase.

"Shall we go?"

"We shall."

__________________________

Author's note [4/9/15]: I feel like this is the shortest chapter I've ever written for this fan fic. I just ran out of ideas and didn't want to bullshit my way into 3k words so I hope you guys are okay with 1.5k. I promise the next chapter and the epilogue won't be as short as this.

Still in denial that this is ending soon.

Love you guys,

Jean Chanty