27: More like 500.

Start from the beginning

Murray stared at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?" She asked.

He blinked. "Murray... Bauman."

"Listen Mr. Bunman," Erica sassed, putting her hand up to stop him from talking. "I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die."

"I'm sorry." Murray cut in, offended. "Why is this four year old speaking to me?" 

"Uh, I'm ten, you bald bastard!" Erica said.

"Erica!" Lucas spluttered at his younger sister in disbelief.

She crossed her arms. "Just the facts!"

"She's right." I chimed in. "If you go down there with this plan, you'll either die or be held captive and be drugged, and Robin, Steve and I almost did both, so you may want to listen to us, Mr. Bauman."

"Sorry, may I?" Dustin asked, squeezing past me to get to the blueprints.

"Please." Murray sneered, standing back.

Dustin sat down and pulled the papers towards him. "Okay, see this room here? This is a storage facility."

He circled the box with a pencil and looked up. "There's a hatch in there that feeds into their underground ventilation system."

He drew a line across the paper to another box.

"That will lead you to the base of the weapon. It's a bit of a maze down there, but between me and Erica, we can show you the way." Dustin said.

"You can show us the way?" Hopper repeated, staring at him.

"Don't worry, you can do all the fighting and the dangerous hero shit, and we'll just be your... Navigators." He said.

"Uh, yeah, no." Hopper said, shaking his head at Erica and Dustin. "There is no way in hell, either of you are going back in there."

——

"Well, that settles it." Erica said as she, Dustin and I watched Hopper pick up a gun. While Hopper, Joyce and Murray gathered weapons from the unconscious Russians, everyone else was busy distracting themselves.

"He's gonna die. They're gonna die." She said in defeat.

"Yep." Dustin agreed.

"Most likely." I said from where I sat beside them.

"You guys survived." Lucas said from behind us where he, Mike and Will stood. Max and El were talking a little ways away.

"Barely." Dustin said. "Y/n, Robin and Steve aw only alive because we saved their asses. We could've really used you guys down there."

"Could've used you up here, too." Mike said.

"Yeah, man." Lucas nodded. "We missed you, dude."

Dustin stood up and they all hugged as I watched with a smile and Erica faked a gag beside me.

"Get in here, Y/n." Mike said with a big smile, looking over Lucas's shoulder.

"No, guys. I don't want to interrupt the bro hug." I laughed.

"Come on, Y/n! Interrupt the bro hug!" Will chuckled.

"Okay." I obliged with a smile, walking over and joining the group hug.

"I feel like I'm ruining the moment." I said after a pause of silence.

"No way! Me, Mike and Will haven't seen you in forever!" Lucas objected.

"Yeah, you two were trapped in a goddamn secret Russian bunker!" Mike added.

"It's Mike, Will and I, Lucas." I corrected.

"Same old Y/n." Lucas smiled.

I laughed. "Remember when it was just us five."

"How could we forget?" Will teased.

"The good old days." Dustin joked with an exaggerated reminiscent look on his face.

I whacked him lightly with a snicker. "Yeah, when I had to deal with you four animals on my own." I rolled my eyes playfully, unable to suppress a grin.

"We really missed you guys." Lucas said.

"Yeah, big-time." Will agreed.

"I missed you guys too." Dustin said.

"Big-time." I added with a soft smile.

I ducked out of the bro hug as the four of them kept hugging and went over to El and Max.

"We missed you too, Y/n." Max said as I walked over to them. "We were super outnumbered by the boys."

"It was awful." El nodded.

I laughed and walked over to them, hugging them both. "I missed you both, as well."

"Never do that to us again, all right?" Max asked.

"Alright." I smiled.

"Promise?" El asked.

"Promise." I agreed.

We continued hugging until Erica ruined the mood.

"Please don't cry, nerds." She said.

"Erica." Lucas snapped at her as we all separated.

"Keep saying my name, see what happens." She sassed.

"Hey, heads up." Hopper suddenly called, drawing our attention to him. "You can navigate, just from someplace safe."

"It's not that simple." Dustin said, catching the walkie that Hopper threw to him.

"The signal won't reach." I elaborated.

Erica pointed to the Walkie "Not with this, anyway."

"You need something with a high enough frequency band to relay with the Russian's  radio tower." Dustin said. "But for that to work, you need someone who has both seen their comms room and has access to a super-powered, handcrafted radio tower. One preferably already situated at the highest point in Hawkins. Oh, wait, that's me."

"If you want us to navigate, you got us, but we need a head start." Dustin finished.

He glanced at Steve and I.

"And a car." He added.

Word count: 1440