Unfortunately, there's a lot of Gunn that came out from the search so I'm not sure which one is the cuckoo Mr Gunn. I rest my case and from there on, I don't ever indulge into finding out about him except to occasionally think what would it be like if I said yes, if it will curb my curiosity of how it feels like to be a wife. 

***

"I'm gonna be honest with you." I really am being honest with him by showing up in my work clothes as well as this turban hijab on my head, causing him to make a big O the moment he saw me standing in front of him.

"There's more?"

I chuckle at his subtle joke as he sips on his tea. We're both sitting at a nearby cafe for a chat I requested once he got over the shock.

"I wanna know about being Scarlett."

He smirks in a teasing way, "Aha! Somebody's interested!"

"I am. But as you can see," I stop there as I wave the turban on my head, signalling religion as my stop sign to the proposal.

"You really wear that thing? Not just for fashion?"

I laugh to another comment regarding my hijab. But shake my head as to answer him, "I've been wearing this since I was nineteen."

"But you look like you're fifteen."

Have I told you how comfortable I feel with Drey despite this being our second meeting?

"Tell me," I urge him, "What it's like being a Scarlett? I take it you've dealt with lots of Scarletts in the past?"

"I do. I train all the Scarletts."

"You dooo?"

"I've been training them for years, but you would be the first one who's this short. And of course, a Muslim too if I have to point the obvious."

I nod understandingly, the way he said years means Mr Gunn has been a cuckoo for a while now. Has he never get his head checked? Why would he want to be with someone who has left him and never moved on? What's so special with this original Scarlett?

"Tell me about her."

"I can't," he sighs, "You need to sign a contract for that."

"I already signed an NDA."

"No, that's for us to be able to make an offer to you, to be a Scarlett to Mr Gunn. The contract I was talking about is actually agreeing to be his pretend wife, for at least three months. Only then I can tell you more, Sweetheart."

"But I can't be his pretend wife."

"Why not? I promise you he's a nice guy."

"It's just that he's a bit damaged on the head?"

He laughs at my choice of words but I continue, "Look, I'm twenty nine and I wanna be married. I wanna know how it feels like to be married. But at the same time I don't want to be married to the wrong person. And this Mr Gunn sounds like a wrong person to me."

"So what if he's the wrong one? If you can't take it anymore, then just tell him you wanna quit. At least you get to cash in a day or a week, however long you may last. A day equals five thousands, and it's double on the weekend. Who's gonna give you twenty thousands for just spending your Saturday and Sunday with that cuckoo head? Hmm? Shit, even I'm calling him cuckoo. Collins gonna kill me if she hears I call our client that."

I grin as he takes another sip of his tea, "He's cuckoo, right? You're agreeing with me."

"Just sign the contract so I can train you already."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"It's against my principle."

"Which principle are we talking about? That you're a Muslim? But you were just fine showing up with your hair two weeks ago?"

I shake my head repeatedly, "No, not that one."

"Enlighten me."

"Don't you think it's degrading to offer yourself for money? I'm not gonna sleep with a man for fifty thousands."

He laughs as if I was telling him something funny, "Ohhh you've gotta listen better, Sweetheart. Collins already told you, she can negotiate that part. You don't have to sleep with him. You just need to show up as Scarlett. Fifty thousands coming your way while your legs are tightly screwed together. I've told you, Mr Gunn is nice."

"So nice guys don't get horny?"

The laugh gets louder but he nods while flicking his index finger a couple times, agreeing to my argument.

"I promise you it will be worth your time. And I don't always promise, Sweetheart."