━━JŪGO

Start from the beginning

Kageyama was still inside waiting for the items to be packed. She can see him through the glass doors.

Nao then evaded her eyes to the vending machines near the doors. In them were various products and commodities. They were more abundant than the ones found in their school.

She walked to approach them. Looking out for a particular item.

Kageyama exited the store a little while later

Kageyama exited the store a little while later. The cashier was taking time to give him his change because the cash registrar ran out of spare coins.

He found her standing outside. She was gazing up at the stars that were slowly becoming visible. Nao then looked at him when she finally noticed his arrival.

"Kageyama-san." She spoke his name again, gentle and sweet-sounding. It made him feel something irrevocably odd inside. "You're finally here." She smiled. "Can you hold out the palm of your hand?" Nao was looking at him in his eyes, steady and spontaneous. "Please?"

Kageyama extended his arm towards her, albeit he was hesitant. Still, he was curious nonetheless. Nao hurriedly put the object on his hand. The setter then saw the said item on his palm.

A milk drink?

Nao laughed at his reaction. She already had expected that he would react that way. The girl then nodded at the setter, tucking a loose hair that was on her face.

"Ano—I want to say thank you once again for what you have done before. It happened weeks ago so you had probably forgot—"

"No, I still remember." Kageyama interrupted, staring at the box. He moved his attention towards her. His eyes then softened as he recalled the memory. "How could I forget?"

Streaks of ruby started to appear on her cheeks. They were due to the intensity of his gaze.

The talented setter began to go near her. Slowly connecting the distance between the two.

"Uh—K-Kage—"

Kageyama started to sweep the stray strands of her hair. They were flowing with the light wind that touched her tinted cheeks. His fingers tucked them behind her ear as he started to look at her forehead.

"I'm glad that you're alright."

His gaze fell down on her eyes. Deep and profound.

"Nao-san."

Nao thought that they were more magnificent up close. Earnest blue spheres that were communicating his unsaid words.

Kageyama was smiling at her. Gentle and genuine. It was a real smile. Nao then beamed back, happy to see him that way.

"Nao-senpai?"

The two then looked at the person who was calling for her.

It was Hinata Shōyō.

His teammates were busy on a board game that they were playing together with Ren, the grandson of the Fuji matriarch

The orange-haired middle blocker was looking at the clock plastered on the wall. He was already done preparing the grill for their barbecue. Kageyama was surely taking his time to buy the ingredients. He was supposed to return here minutes ago.

Hinata then decided to go after him. Their sensei was about to be back from his grandfather's house. He told them to already cook the ingredients for dinner.

"Hinata, where are you going?"

He saw Tanaka following him as he was stepping outside the door.

"I'll be getting Kageyama-teme back here. He certainly is late." The decoy replied.

The wing spiker then retrieved his footwear from the cabinet. "Wait, I'll be going with you. Who knows? Maybe you'll get lost in this place."

"I know how to read signs, Tanaka-senpai!" Hinata defended. His upperclassman then laughed.

"Relax." The wing spiker told him. "I was just joking, ya know?" He continued to snicker.

Hinata just pouted, shoving his hands inside the pockets of his jacket.

They then saw a person that they could ask for the directions of the nearest grocery store. The woman replied that they should continue to walk on straight and turn to the right a few blocks after. The Karasuno players thanked her and proceeded to follow the directions that she gave.

"Hinata."

The decoy then turned to his senpai. "Hm?"

"Is Nao the girl you had been looking for?"

The wing spiker was already piecing together all the clues one by one.

The way he reacted when he first saw her earlier.

His actions and words.

All of them were because of the Fuji girl.

Hinata then gazed in wonder upon hearing her name, a smile gracing his face.

"Fuji Nao. Yes, it's her. "

The latter nodded in confirmation.

"It's her all along."

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░