13| I Dreamt A Dream Tonight

For two nights Paloma found herself within the same dream

For two nights Paloma found herself within the same dream. A dream that she couldn't even begin to understand. She wasn't one to dream very often, and if she every did dream her dreams were long forgotten before she could even wake up.

But this dream didn't change, like her mind simply refused to let go of any detail. Even when she was awake it was like she could smell the flowers in that meadow. She only wished she knew what the dream meant.

As she walked deeper into the meadow she looked down at the violet and yellow flowers at her feet. It was an oddly placed meadow in the middle of the woods, and she wondered how she could so vividly imagine a place she had never been to before.

But the meadow was not what enchanted her even when she was awake. It was the shimmering figure on the other side of the meadow that seemed to look back at her. She could not explain the pull that the figure had on her, only that she could not help but take slow steps towards them.

And the closer that she got the more familiar the figure became, and although fear began to mix with the enchantment she could not stop. In fact, she started walking a little faster. It was like the fear made the figure all the more compelling.

Edward Cullen stood only two feet away from her, his skin shinning like powdered diamond or like a million stars under the sunlight. His skin was like nothing she had ever seen before.

It made him even more beautiful, if that was even possible.

Now he was the one to take a couple step towards her until she was close enough to touch. She felt as he reached forward placing his hand on the back of her neck, his thumb gently brushing against her cheek.

Unlike all the other times they had touched outside of her dreams his skin was warm and soft. Nothing like the cold, marble like skin that she had grown used to in the real world. But it was not the warmth of his skin that she enjoyed, but the warmth behind his eyes.

For a moment Paloma thought he was going to kiss her, but as he pulled her closer he used his hand to tilt her head to the side. The gesture leaving her neck exposed to him, she could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest from uncertainty but as his lips touched her neck her eyes instinctively closed.