Before you start reading

Hi my loves,

I want to first start this off by saying welcome or welcome back to The Boy I Used to Know! As some of you know, I took this book off Wattpad so I could edit things, but now it's making its way back and here to stay!!

If you are new and don't want to be advised of before the rewrite changes, skip down below to the headline that is listing the trigger warnings and advisements!!!!!!

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

If you were here before the rewrite, you knew Evangeline was a part of a Mafia, but now she has no clue it exists :D which also means the way Ale and Eva find each other will be different too :) Also!! Evangeline is blonde now...

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Anyywayyyy let's talk trigger warnings and other psa's!!

This story does contain mentions and some depictions of violence (eg. kidnapping. torture. abuse.) Please, please be aware of these things while reading. If these topics are not something you can see yourself reading, this book might not be for you!! (feel free to check out my other book My Butterfly Effect as well, there's no violence!)

This story will contain mentions and depictions of sex, and possibly a lot of it. (I'm writing this 'before you read' before I've even made it to a smut chapter so future me will put another note if there's a lot :D) If you are not 16+ please stop reading, this book is not for you!! Now, if you want to continue reading, but you are not a fan of smut, I will put two * surrounding the chapter name to let you know there is smut. Please don't skip the chapter though because the smut may or may not take up the whole chapter and you might miss some things!! (future me see if we can make smut its own chapter! Thanks queen <3)

Also :o Please note I do not speak any Spanish, Italian, or Russian!! I am using google translate so I apologize in advance if there's anything wrong. (if you speak any of these languages and you notice a mistake in any of the phrases, please feel free to comment and let me know so i can fix it :D) (<-also this looks like the smiley face has a double chin! It's so cute hehe)

PSA: The female main character is on birth control!! For the sake of the story, birth control is 100000% effective. I know in real life birth control doesn't work like this, but there will be NO accidental pregnancies here!

Now, I have never and will never be in a real Mafia therefore, I do not have any knowledge about what a real Mafia is like. Anything that happens on the Mafia side of things, in this story, is just how my brain thinks my characters should run their Mafia. This is a fictional story and it's just my imagination so please don't comment any hate about how you don't like what the characters do in their Mafia.

AS A RECAP:

This is a list of trigger warnings:

- depictions of violence

- kidnapping

- torture

- death

- abuse

- sex involving main characters

I appreciate all the support and patience you all have shown me regarding this rewrite, I can't express to you all how much I appreciate each and everyone one of you and the patience you show and continue to show me! I love you all so much and I can't wait to hear what you all think of the rewrite!! Please don't be a silent reader! It's totally okay if you are, but I would absolutely love to hear from you guys in the comments!!!

With all that being said please enjoy the new and approved (by my best friend) The Boy I Used to Know!

¸.•**¨*•❉ ❉•**•.¸