chapter four

"So you're the reason I couldn't find her

"So you're the reason I couldn't find her." I get straight to my questions, not caring about what Emiliano has to say. He all but shoved Angel out of the room with no explanation and almost caused an earthquake with how hard he slammed the door.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he shrugs as he takes the seat in front of me, glaring at me while he thinks. "You were the one looking for her?" He realizes, his eyes now narrowed into angry slits as he stares.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question, mimicking his posture and facial expressions.

"Some time ago, I got an alert from one of my hackers letting me know someone was trying to access medical records, school records, where she's living, stuff like that, and being in our...line of business...made me think it was an enemy who saw her with me and was going to try to use her against me or hurt her. She had already talked about wanting to be homeschooled so it just all fell into place.

"She received top of the line education under my protection and I didn't delete her existence by the way, I just put everything revolving around her under tight lock and key. I paid the best fucking people to build a firewall that no one could break so none of my enemies could find her...but it was you! This whole time I thought an enemy was going to attack, but it was only you...So what the fuck were you doing looking for her?" He loudly screams before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Listen, I've been trying to find her for a long time. We were best friends when we were kids–"

"You guys were best friends when you were in preschool," he states as he finally calms himself while I look at him confused. "Does the name Giovanni Hart ring any bells?"

"Giovan–how do you know that name?" I demand loudly as my heart starts to beat faster in my chest. Giovanni Hart was my alias name before I took over for my father.

My father wanted us to have somewhat of a normal life before responsibilities took over, so in order to keep us in school and out of the eyes of his enemies, he gave me the name Giovanni Hart. Although Giovanni is technically my middle name, he thought it would be perfect for me. This was the name Angel knew me by as we were growing up until I had to leave.

"You want to know how I know that name? Because one day while I was doing my normal rounds at my community center, I met this little girl who was crying at one of the tables. She couldn't have been over twelve years old, most likely starting seventh grade around that time...anyway we talked for a bit before I told her about possibly joining some classes I held at the center. She thought about it before agreeing to come and so she would come to every class I held, but everytime she showed up she had more anger and pain than she did the last class.

"So as I continued to train and teach her the closer we became. With that, she told me part of the truth of what's been hurting her. Now, I say part because she believed and still believes she has me fooled into thinking she's told the whole truth of her pain, but I'm not going to force her to share her story with me if she's not ready yet...but I digress. She told me a story of a boy named Giovanni Hart. How this boy was her best friend and how she loved him with all her heart, until one day he broke her heart...sound familiar...Giovanni Hart?"

"You don't understand, it needed to be done."

"Then please explain to me..."

"You think I wanted to leave my best friend? You think I wanted to leave the girl I loved...the girl I still love. Regardless of what happened, I don't need to explain myself to you. The only person I need to explain myself to is 5'8 with curly blonde hair and honey brown eyes. You might know her, since she's your assistant and all...an assistant that has no clue of your real life. Interesting," I muse, watching his jaw clench and his fist wind tight on the table. "I hope you know that now I've found her, I'm not letting her go again."

"You broke her heart once, you think I'm going to let you get close to her again...well hate to break it to you, but that's not going to happen." He stands, roughly shoving his chair back into place as he makes his way towards the door. "Now, get the fuck out of my office. And I better not see you anywhere near this building unless it's for the meeting that is already pre-scheduled in your calendar, understand."

I roll my eyes behind his back, already coming up with a plan in my head on how I can continue seeing Angel without him knowing. "I'll see you around, little fighter." I wink over my shoulder as Emiliano shoves me, chuckling when he pushes me harder and all but throws me into the open elevator.

"Wait I didn't catch your–" I start to hear her say and before I can pop my head out, Emiliano jabs at my stomach making me tumble backward further into the elevator. It's only once I've recovered do I notice the doors closing in front of me, completely cutting off Angel's sentence.

Once I've reached the lobby, I pull my phone from my suit pocket and dial Matteo's number. "I want Lee on Evangeline and I want it all. I want to know her schedule, where she goes, what she does, and that she's safe. Make sure he keeps his distance because knowing Emiliano he'll have his own security for her."

"On it, boss."

Nice try Emiliano, but nothing could keep me from Angel now that I've finally found her. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though it's a little short! Make sure to comment! I love hearing from you all! <3