Rained in- Kageyama

Start from the beginning

"Y/n? You okay?" You can hear Kageyama fishing for something, you scoffed.

"Just peachy." He turned his flashlight on from his phone shinning it to you. "Fuck..." You looked down at your knees, you dropped milk on your brother's hoodie. "Hm... this is his last clean one." Kageyama watched as you jumped again at the thunder, this time grabbing your head.

"I... are you scared of thunder...?" Kageyama watched as you bit your lip.

"Maybe..." He sighed getting up to take a hoodie out of his bag, thankfully nothing got into it. He watched you take Hinata's hoodie off sighing softly.

"Here." You looked up at his hand holding out the hoodie.

"Thanks..." You took it from him slipping it over your head.

"Do you guys have candles?" You got up, using whatever light from his phone let you. You walked to the table by the basement, gulping.

"It's uh... in the basement..." Kageyama walked over to you opening the door, he stepped down, looking at you.

"You coming?" You gulped again, grabbing his arm, Kageyama blushed and turned his head so you wouldn't see it. You two slowly walked down the basement, it didn't help when you jumped every five seconds at a sound.

"Sorry, I'm acting like a total girl." You let go of his arm as y'all reached the bottom.

"But you are a girl..." He said confused as he followed you.

"I was acting like a girly girl, and I'm not a girly-girl." You explained grabbing the candles, shivering as the cold air shifted. "Now can we leave, please..." Kageyama offered his arm to you.

"I don't mind." You held onto it as you both walked up the stairs, you grabbed the matches off the side table and lit the candles. You gave four to Kageyama and a match. You lit the other four and placed them around the living room and kitchen while Kageyama placed one in the bathroom, your room, Hinata's room, and the hallway. He walked back down to see you messing with your phone. "Calling Hinata?"

"Hm." You held your phone to your ear shaking slightly. "Hey, Hin... yeah, I'm fine... yes, Kageyama made it here... no I'm not... I'm fine... Yeah, I know. Okay, tell Yachi I say hi, love you bye." You hung up the phone turning to face Kageyama. "He says hi." You tapped your phone against your palm.

"You okay?" You looked at him and nodded your head.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be fine?" You brought your thumb up to your mouth, chewing on the skin.

"Well, because you've been pacing around since the power went out, you keep tapping your right foot, and your legs seem shakey, and you're chewing on your thumb." You stooped all movements and sat on the couch. Running your hands over your face.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I just..." He sat beside you confused. "When I was five, I had this friend. Her name was G/n... and one day she invited me over to her house, it was supposed to be us girls and two of her friends. But uh, it was a rainy night like tonight, and... when the power went out, they made me go to the basement and get the candles." Kageyama furred his brows wondering where you were going with this story. "Well, I went. And, they closed the door, no matter how much I punched the door, screamed for them to let me out, they never opened it. I had a phone with me and called my mother, but... I didn't have a signal.. so... that meant... moving to find a signal... I... I found a place by an old creepy photo, that every time it lightning or thundered it looked like it was watching you, and... I had to stay there on the call with my brother, as my mom drove. When she got there, my friend's mom said she didn't see the harm in the joke, and said simply, that we were just kids." You scoffed wiping your face, Kageyama's eyes soften as he moved closer. "But my mom called her sick, and brought me home, Hinata didn't leave my side for the rest of the storm. Hasn't since... but tonight.. he had to go to the store to get food. But he ended up at Yachi's... He called me every five seconds and I kept reassuring him I was fine. My mom even called, you know? So I lied, told them I didn't feel scared... I didn't want to worry them... I hate this feeling Kageyama... This feeling reminds me of when I was five and small... that's why... I can't stand it when you call me Shorty or short stack." Kageyama froze, he made you feel small? He watched as you bundled up in a ball, crying softly. Your eyes widen in surprise as Kageyama wrapped his arms around you.

"I-I'm sorry, I n-never meant to make you feel that way..." You furred your brows, confused. "I just... when we met, I... found you beautiful." You froze blinking softly. "I just... kept remembering, you're my teammate's sister, you're my best friend's sister, I... I didn't want to ruin what friendship I have with Hinata, you know? The first real friend I had... and I just... didn't know how he'd feel about me liking his sister." You moved to look at him better.

"You like me?"

"I do..." He gulped at how close you two became. You let out a sigh, letting your head fall onto his.

"Oh thank god, I thought you hated me."

"No, just too scared to... put myself out there."

"I get it. I was scared to, I mean, what if I ruin your friendship with Hinata... but then, I confessed m-my feelings to him..." Kageyama looked into your eyes, "he smiled, and said, 'I'm glad you figured it out, my eyes were going through torture now all we gotta do is confront Kageyama.'. But I was too scared. I mean what if you rejected me and I still ruin your friendship with my brother." Kageyama grabbed your face and smiled.

"You could never. And never with I ever reject you." You brought your face closer kissing you softly. You smiled into the kiss, bringing him closer.

"OI!!!" You both jumped as the door busted open, standing there were your brother and Yachi.

"What the hell Hinata!" You covered your heart trying to control your breathing and the quickening of your heartbeat.

"S-Sorry, did I ruin something?"

"No. No, you didn't. What are you two doing here?"

"Well, I was worried about you, so we came back. HI!" You flopped back into Kageyama.

"Wake me when the storms over, will ya?" He smiled down at you watching as you nuzzled into him. "You're comfy." Hinata smiled at his sister, closing the door and grabbing Yachi's hand.

"We'll be in my room, Yachi's borrowing some clothes."

"Okay!" You yelled back up at him as Kageyama leaned back laying down, dragging you with him, wrapping you up. "You're also warm." He smiled as you nuzzled more into him.

"Hm, goodnight Y/n."

"Goodnight Tobio." You whispered back.