Forgive Me

"A World guides our hands,
For the fates wish it to be told.

Those stars aline not from the mind,
But the soul.

And our pencils meet paper,
To show worlds of words
Not of our own."

So I used to do quote things in my story Pandemonium. I figured to pass the tradition to this sequel. They're not going to be put on images, Commonly, since it is hard to pick the right few words to sum up a thousand words, aka a picture. Same rules aply as my other quotes. If it's writen by someone I'll but their name. If I put a quote up without a name, it's mine. If I do put a quote up that isn't mine and I forget to Author it, give me a heads up. I could perhapse just randomly remember a quote and think I've never seen it.

~Happy Reading!

Damian looked down at his sleeping partner, his best friend, and his husband. He reached out running his fingers though the soft ebony hair, a wistful smile creeping to his face. Taking his hand away, Damian turned from the bed, pulling the cloak tighter around his shoulders. Slipping from the room into the shadowed hall, Damian slipping into another room.

This room was also occupied. The boy slept without worry or fear. Covers tossed on the floor, arms out stretched and legs tangle with his stuffed snake. Matching massy ebony hair graced the boy's head, same as his Da's. Walking over to the boy, Damian reached out shaking the boy awake.

Green eyes opened, matching his Papa's eyes, sleep clouding them still, "Pa?"

"Shhhh," Damian hushed, "We must go. Grab your snake."

"But papa-" The boy started to question.

"Later Teddy, baby." Damian moved though the door connecting the adjacent room. He walked though the nursery to the crib. Leaning down over the carved wood, he gently picked up the bundled blankets. The sweet baby cracked it's eyes open before the blue eyes dissipated once more in sleep.

The older boy yawned, blinking in confusion, "Papa?"

Damian ignored the boy's questioning, leading them out of the room and down the moon lit hall. Snatching his keys on the way by, and out to the already packed car, "Get in the car."

The boy hesitated, "Papa, I'm scared. What's happening?"

Damian pursed his lips, brining the boy into a hug, "You'll understand one day. Just get in," He kissed the boy's forehead, "Please."

The boy got in, pulling the blanket up around him as Damian buckled the infant in the car seat. He double checked both his son's buckles before getting into the driver's seat. He looked at the car knowing once he started their was no going back. Pushing the keys in and with a turn, the car came to life with little noise. Damian hoped his husband didn't wake.

Putting the car in gear, they were off. They didn't stop until the sun was just peeking out and the city street were just starting to become alive once more. It was another half hour in traffic before He made it to the meet point. The shadowy parts of the city, vacant now that the sun had risen. Pulling the car up Damian again doubted his actions.

"Papa?" The boy once more asked.

Damian gave him a smile, "Don't be scared, Tarry. Here, drink this." He handed the boy a small cup of blue liquid, "It juice. I know your hungry."

The boy took the cup, sniffing it casually. It didn't smell like juice. He looked at the loving eyes of his papa before taking a large, disgusting, drink. The cup, and the rest of its juice, fell to the car floor. Tarry coughed, grimacing at the liquid taste.

"What was that?" Tarry asked.

"Just some juice." Damian watched at the effect took hold almost immediately, as Tarry started passing out. A betraying tear fell from his eye, "It has to be done." He tried convincing himself, "They'll kill them." But with all the words, he couldn't bring himself to fully believe it.

Another car pulled up to his not to long later and a red haired man stepped out. Damian quickly got out to meet the man, "Warden."

"Warren." The man corrected, "I don't go by Warden anymore."

Damian nodded, "Yes."

"So doing this, means I'll never be contracted by the Shadows again?" The man asked.

"Never again, but you are to keep them hidden."

"Yes. You have the papers yes?" Warren came closer, sneaking peeks into the car.

Damian nodded, "And their memories have been erased."

Warren looked at the younger man before him, "Are you absolutely sure this is your only option?"

"Yes."

~   ~   ~

Jon woke up slowly, feeling cold bite at his skin. Groggily he reached to the other side of the bed, only to feel it empty. Hastily he blinked in quick secession to wake himself up. His room felt... heavy. It looked the same. Smelled the same. Nothing was out of place. His husband's watch was still sitting on the dresser. Photos all tucked around the mirror's frame.

Jon sat up, the covers pooling at his sleep shorts, "Dami?" He didn't hear the shower running or smell anything cooking. Everything was silent. Glancing at the time, nearly seven minutes until the bus came, "Honey?" He called again getting himself up, "We slept in, the boy's are going to be late!" Thumping down the hall to the study, where he presumes his Husband fell asleep last night, "Damian?" He called again opening the study door. 

No one was there. Feeling the computer, it was cold. Walking back out and down the hall, he opened Tarry's room. The boy was gone, "Probably drove him to school." Jon muttered, his gut knotting in protest. He made his way to the kitchen, feeling the stove top as well. Cold. He could see out the front window that Damian's car was gone.

Taking a breath in to calm himself down, Jon saw the note, "See, your getting worked up for nothing." He tried convincing himself. Taking the note by the landline, Jon stared reading. He finished, read it again, before doing it again. It took five total time of reading it over before his brain caught up with itself.

"No... No. No. No. No. No." He repeated rushing to his youngest sons room. The baby was gone. His blankets gone, "No. No. No." Slamming though the adjacent door, he entered Tarry's room once more. The stuffed snake was gone. His pajamas weren't laying on the floor, and the folded outfit he'd picked out the night before was still sitting the dresser. "...no..." Jon whispered.

Faster than a bullet he rushed to his cell phone, typing in the number, cracking the screen. The person on the other end taking aggonsily slow. The moment the ring stopped, Jon wailed, "He's gone! Damian, left! And he took our kids!"

Comments? Vote! Share.