Chapter 11 - The Fake

Depuis le début

"After experimentation has been done, Keepers are asked to do a small check-up on their demon(s) for any changes to behavior or physical attributes. This process isn't rushed, Keepers are allowed to wait till they are comfortable enough but this check-up needs to be completed in ten days after experimentation."

    (Y/N) could feel her heart start to speed up while reading the sheet, her mind instantly jumped to Akai who hasn't been acting the nicest towards her lately. It says she has ten days to complete this, but four days have already passed by so she has six more.
Turning to take a peek at Ki, who was curled up in his dark side of the room sleeping probably, she wasn't too worried about him.

    It was just the other one that concerned her.

    She took a peek at Akai who also seemed like he was sleeping but it may be a trap. He'll probably try to bite her finger off if she fell for his act.

    Sighing, she faced the papers again and turned the pages. A bunch of stuff that wasn't at all important to know, mostly medical and what to do/not to do stuff. Finally turning to the page regarding checkups, there were two pages that each had a demon on them. The left page with 'A01' on it and the right with 'B02'. The pages had parts where they point out all the injuries and bandages the demons had with pictures to further show. (Y/N) recognized some from her own little check-up she did and some that she hasn't seen.

    Akai has a huge stitch-up job on his upper back that extends to his lower back. The reason for this was to see his muscles up close but to also see if he had any aerial stems, aka if he had any wings in the past besides making them himself.

    Ki had samples taken of his tail spikes which proves why some of his spikes seemed sawed off but it also says that they removed his entire tail. (Y/N)'s eyes widened. She looked up at his tail but it was there! Attached and not gone. Reading some more, the text had stated, "To test rapid regrowth in Specimen B2, we removed his tail and placed it under close examination. If you are aware, it has been proven in the past that on rare occurrences, removing a demon's tail can lead to the birth of an entirely new demon from said tail. Whereas, the original demon will either regrow the lost tail or have it permanently gone. On removal of B2's tail, no other specimen had grown from the limb but another tail had rapidly regrown onto B2 after 2 hours. We took further examples by removing some spikes from the new tail and keeping the old one under close surveillance for any possible activity."

    She learned about this back in school. Tails seem to be the only limbs capable of creating another life form but it happens rarely. Only demons with long, thick tails that have at least one organ in them can potentially produce a whole new demon. When it does, you could say the original demon now has a twin. Ki's tail is perfect for this, he has the right size tail for it and an organ inside which is the sensory organ that lets him know of anything coming up behind him.

    Squinting her eyes at the thought, she wondered what it'll be like if another Ki did grow from the removed tail. Would she have to watch that one too or would the Scientists keep it to test on further?

    Dismissing the thought, she grabbed the papers and rotated around in her chair to face her demons. Looking between them both, she couldn't decide who to start with. If she started with Ki, she wouldn't have trouble but then she'll have that feeling of anxiety knowing that she has to eventually get to Akai. But if she started with Akai, she'll have lots of trouble and probably struggles with him but she wouldn't be nervous about dealing with Ki afterward.

    Either the easy start or the hard start.

    Angel noticed her picking between demons and the papers in her hands. He looked over her shoulder and read them, seeing a small label on top with the words "Specimen Check-up (1/2)".