Chapter 11 - The Fake

Start from the beginning

    Akai leaned back against the wall and readjusted himself so he wasn't sitting on his hands. These chains were getting on his last nerves.

    (Y/N) locked the door after Blythe was out of sight and turned around, ready to start another day of sitting in that uncomfortable chair and filling out papers for the Scientists. When she turned, she accidentally locked eyes with the blond demon. It was rather unusual that he wasn't starting the day taunting the guys or throwing suspicious flirts at her, she quietly observed him as he broke eye contact and closed his eyes. Maybe taking a nap?

    She shrugged him off and walked towards her desk. He'll be back to his antics soon.

    Akai, however, didn't speak much as time went by. He didn't seem to do anything and that was his whole plan to get these chains off. To play nice just like Ki had told him to. His idea of playing nice is to just keep his mouth shut, avoid looking at others, and not threaten to kill anyone. The opposite of what he does.

    That's all he had to do but it sounded too tiring, he wasn't looking forward to acting fake.

"Hey. You trying something or what?"

    Akai looked over when Davis called out to him. The man had obvious suspicion at how calm Akai was acting. He didn't insult Davis once this entire day and that was rather concerning. "Why are you so quiet today? You thinking up something against us?"

"I thought you wanted me to shut up for once?" Akai smirked. Quoting what the man had said from the other day.

    The two males had an intense staredown with each other. Davis trying to read the demon and Akai wondering what his guts will look like spilling out of his body. Angel could feel how tense the air was getting, looking back and forth between the two. (Y/N) wasn't paying much attention to the situation, more focused on the work she just wants to finish as soon as possible.

    Akai smirked and looked away from Davis's grey eyes. "If you want me to keep talking, I'll be happy to do s-"

"No! Just don't believe you'll have a chance to try anything funny. I'll shoot you down before you could even stand up."

    Earning a shake of the head from the demon, Davis turned his focus away and went back to guarding (Y/N). Akai turned away too and landed his eyes on Ki, who was watching him. Red eyes scowled at plain white ones for how he had to hold back his urges to taunt the old man. Ki shook his head, quietly telling him to stop. The sooner Akai gets these chains off him, the sooner the guards will leave and they can finally initiate their escape.

    After another hour went by of paperwork on paperwork, (Y/N) finally finished the longest section she's had to do. But it wasn't her last, unfortunately. She leaned back in her chair and stretched her arms and back from the stiffness. She needed a new chair and preferably a comfier and more supportive chair. Not just some plain desk chair that was pulled out from the closet.

    The two guards were back at it with their conversations about random stuff. The topic was currently about how Davis's eldest daughter of the twins had this small obsession with a boy at her school but turns out she really had a crush on the boy's girlfriend and was only trying to get close to him so she can get close to her. Luckily, his daughter has gotten over them but he can't count how many times he wished his daughter would talk about her studies or a hobby and not 'Brent' and 'Makiyah'.

    (Y/N) snickered at how this story sounds like it could be a fictional show or book. 'The girl is so obsessed with her love that she starts stalking and/or killing others.' She would honestly watch it.

    Looking back to her next section of papers, the first page was labeled 'Specimen Check-Up (1/2)'. Curious, she turned the page and soon regretted it.