9. Harper

"Harper!"

I groan inwardly. "Yes, Diane?"

"I totally forgot a toothbrush. Did you bring any extra?"

I reach for my bag. "I did. Please remember next time."

"Of course. You're the best, Harp!"

"Don't call me that." I mutter as she leaves.

We've stopped at a hotel for the night. There's twenty two of us, and we all pitched in for paying for things. Darrel, the director and owner of the theater, paid a large part.

"You should be nicer to the actors." Jake tells me.

I snort. "Why? As long as I get paid, there's nothing wrong."

"Sure." He says, eyes on the door.

Ajae and Heath walk in. They're two of the leads in the play, the scarecrow and the lion. They're some of the best actors, and Jake's been crushing on them since auditions.

"Just sleep with them." I say.

"It's not that simple. They aren't single."

"Yeah, but they're dating each other. You know how open they are."

Rumors have been going around the crew that they slept with Diane. She hasn't said anything, and neither have they.

"Still. I don't know what to say. But god do I want them. I mean, look at them."

"Heath." I say as they pass our couch. Ajae has headphones in, but glances our way as they stop.

He turns immediately, and it reminds me of Charlie. "Yes?"

"Are you two doing anything tonight?" I ask him.

"No. Should we be?"

"Jake had a bad breakup. Can you keep him entertained tonight? I would, but I have an important call to make soon." And he's my roommate, so the longer he's gone the more time I have with Jordan and Charlie.

"Yeah." He looks at Jake, biting his lip. "If you want."

"I'd love that." He says. "If Ajae is okay with it?"

"That's fine." Ajae says, eyes cutting over. "You know our room number?"

"207?"

"Eight o'clock."

"Alright." Jake smirks.

They walk to the food bar, and I give Jake a look. "You act like it's so hard."

"Yeah, yeah. Thank you. Go FaceTime your partners."

I roll my eyes, but get up. "See you later."

————————