Chapter 18: Recuperation.

Start from the beginning

Hibiki: Yeah, and thanks for back then when you came over, you're basically my older sis and I feel better knowing you were there.

Emma: Yeah well, things haven't been easy for both of us. But now onto why called you, apart from catch up.

Hibiki: It's never that simple, what's going on?

Emma: It's Lightning. My brother found him.

Hibiki: What?

Emma: Yeah, he did...

Emma looked away and Hibiki gasped, realising what happened.

Hibiki: Emma, I'm so sorry.

Emma shrugged and Hibiki walked with her to her bike, Emma sitting on the vehicle and sighing.

Emma: I don't know what to feel. I mean, he was never really around after mom got in that crash, but he's still my brother.

Hibiki: Are you alright?

Emma: I'll manage.

Hibiki: Right, well I'm going to help you do that.

Emma: Thanks hun. It means a lot.

Hibiki: Don't mention it. It's only the right thing to do.

Emma: Hmm. Well, I got a strange message from Playmaker. He wants to meet me and Aoi in vrains but I don't see why you can't tag along.

Hibiki: If you don't mind. If he wants to talk, it's usually big.

Emma: Great, you head to my apartment and get yourself logged in, I'll join you with Aoi at the coordinates that our mutual friend sent us.

Hibiki nodded and started to walk off into the city, carefully tracking through the tall buildings and backstreets until he reached a door locked by a passcode. As he entered a combination, the door clicked. Hibiki paused for a second before trying a different code and the door unlocked.

Hibiki: Same old Emma. Of course that would be her password.

Earth: You have been here before?

Hibiki: Yeah. When I moved to Den City I crashed on Emma's couch for a couple of weeks before I got my own place. She helped me look for the lost incident victims for a while as well.

Earth: I see.

Hibiki walked up the stairs and entered the main room, running his hand over the arm of the couch as memories flooded through his mind.

Earth: Hibiki.

Hibiki: Huh?

Earth: You looked distant, are you alright?

Hibiki: Yeah, just, a lot of memories in this place.

Earth: I understand, but we have an objective.

Hibiki: Yeah, right. Log in and meet up with Yusaku in vrains.

Hibiki reached into his small bag and took out his Hanoi duel disc, clipping it onto his wrist and taking a seat on the worn leather. But as he started to form the words for the login sequence, he hesitated.

Earth: This is the first time since Go Onizuka that you have been in vrains isn't it?

Hibiki nodded and took a deep breath, sitting forward and placing his hands on his temples.

Hibiki: I can do this. I can do this. I can't do this Earth.

Earth: Just take your time, it will come naturally and if you do not attend, I am sure Emma will relay the information.