"Kuwa...Ah! You mean the infamous roaring hashira?! Now way!"

"And also... the little girl that wears the checkered red haori, no, not her, yes! The girl from that selection..."

"I've heard she is being given tasks next to Hashiras even though she isn't anyone's tsuguko."

"What!?"

"What's even crazier... She is also always called by Oyakata-Sama every month."

"For??"

The gossip ended there.

Sabito wished he could find out more about them.

About who those kids were, why did they survive? How the hell do Shinobi exist in this era? Who is that Fujimura person? Why was ten year old in the selection?

Who was Giyuu?

Who was she? Why is she so close to them?

Easy, Giyuu was just a lucky kid that got to train with a teacher no one has ever heard of... A girl who found two talented people while on a mission with a hashira... And someone who... read him like a book.

Someone who spoke cryptic.

Someone who knew what was happening, from small events like someone's favorite food to even big news like the one time a small hurricane had appeared. As though she had read the future.

Read the future...

His lavender eyes faced up, carefully watching the girl with two butterfly pins on each side, now tying her long hair into a ponytail.

"I expected a mutated demon around here, but not one who could have powers." Sabito said with a low voice.

"Must be from all the students that died in the last batch."

"There were... 76 right?" It was almost three times as big as the other batches, even theirs with only 23 students.

"And only 8 survived." Kanae finished his sentence. "They would have been so lucky if they had you no?" She said while smiling.

"You flatter me too much!" Though he enjoyed those compliments to a whole. "Koucho, you have also helped a lot of wounded students here."

They both started to act out. Their minds relaxing, thinking that the demon they killed was the one with the blood art.

"Oh no! Sabito-san you have done a lot too! I would have definitely died of boredom without no one except Nobu to talk to these past few days!" Kanae tried to hide in her laughter but a few chokes escaped her breath.

"But without Koucho-san I must say I couldn't have survived Obanai's second meal!"

The two of them burst out laughing, remembering that one soup they had left him to make, and then the laugh died down as they still found themselves inside the mist forest.

Sabito clicked his tongue. They had been too careless thinking that was the demon with the blood art.

"The mist should have dispersed..." Kanae muttered under her breath.

"GIYUU!"

His eyes widened, his pupils started to shake. Sabito turned back around so fast Kanae had flinched, thinking he had almost snapped his neck.

"Sabi--TO-SAN!" He had left like the wind upon hearing Iguro's scream in fear.

No NO Stupid! Giyuu isn't allowed here! How the hel did you fall for that?!?