Free

The next move was swift, fast like an arrow. The demon's heads was chopped of within a second of crossing her blade, then the other, and the next attack of her tail was dodged by a fast jump.

There wasn't any breaths she could take, Mitsuri was helping Obanai leave now so all she had to do was make sure she doesn't die. Maybe had she paid more attention to her surroundings she would have gotten her head by now.

If I was just a little stronger- Giyuu shook her head, she can't be thinking about other things now.

The next attacks were simpler but as she tried to step away from her, the demon close their space once more.

She didn't want Giyuu to leave her scented circle, that way she will loose her stamina before Shinjuro came.

Once she had dodged another direct attack, Giyuu took that jump to grab on to a branch and climb the trees, obtaining a higher ground to fight the snake demon in while also being able to breathe.

Branch after branch that was destroyed Giyuu climbed another that was just a little more higher than the last one.

Seeing this the demon jumped out to grab and snap two branches of wood, the one she was in and the other she would've gotten to.

And that was the plan all along.

Once the demon's hands where holding both branches, Giyuu managed to create an opening.

"Eight form," The demon launched herself to bite her.

Noticing her teeth had bit nothing, she looked around, the girl was gone.

"Waterfall basin." A strong force like that of a waterfall cut her neck from the sky.

Giyuu saw as the disintegrated body fell from the tree, with her head following behind while she took a hold on one of the branches that hadn't been smashed.

It was over.

Giyuu put the katana on her mouth, using both of her hands to climb off the trees.

After putting the weapon back in her sheath, she prayed. The punishment awaiting for the demon would be a sad one, but one that would finally put the souls of her victims to rest.

______

"So you where able to defeat it after all." Shinjuro said as he saw Giyuu walking back to the house, carrying Obanai in her back and Mitsuri leaning on her almost half asleep.

The two must be fully exhausted by now. Shinjuro saw that very well as he offered to carry Mitsuri and Obanai so that Giyuu could take a rest. She was still another kid after all.

He gave a pat on her shoulder as a sign of a good job, quite a pleasant surprise on Giyuu's part.

"Why is that kid still alive?" There was a small hint of disgust hidden in the sudden monotone voice, both of them turned around to find a woman of golden yellow eyes with the same straight black hair as Iguro.

"He was able to be saved by this girl here ma'am." Shinjuro pointed with his chin towards Giyuu.

Slap

Giyuu's hand stinged for a moment but at least it wasn't her cheek. Her eyes moved to the woman that had slapped her out of nowhere, being surprisedat her fast reaction before turning into a frown.

Did she... did she mess up again? This kinds of things would sometimes happen back in the dream when he was a hashira, often being blamed for the demon. And here she thought she was being careful but it didn't seem like so.