12 || silent battles

A/N: Medical inaccuracies ahead! 

_________________________________

Present (Two months after the last chapter)

"Hey, mae... How's New York?" Win greeted through the phone propped between his shoulder and cheek as he was getting ready in the bathroom.

"Hey, sweetie. We're on our way to dinner... " Ole shared. "Things are looking good with the Smiths. And guess what?"

Ole didn't wait for her son's response, "We ran into Prim's family last night and Fang did not even utter a word towards me! It's like she resents me for your guys' break up. She is such a child, even when we were in college. I feel sorry for Sivakorn, having to deal with her everyday." Ole dramatically sighed, then paused after hearing Win snicker. "Anyway, how are you?"

"I'm great, mae.  So what else has happened there?"

"That's pretty much it, so enough about me. Are things still hectic at work?"

Win shrugged, forgetting that his mother can't see him. "Hmm... It's getting better. The investors are starting to trust me already."

"That's good. Are you eating right? You know you can ask P'Boom to stay with you at the penthouse, right?"

"Maeee! Yes, I'm eating okay. Everything's working just fine. I'm alright. I promise..."

Ole took seconds to respond, her voice laced with more concern. "Are you sure ka? You promise to tell me if something's wrong?"

"Yes krab..." Win ran a hand over his face before tugging his hair, anxious. "I'm okay... Just enjoy the rest of the trip with por and P'Type."

"Okay... We'll be back in two weeks. Don't hesitate to call anyone from the house, if you need food or anything, okay ka? And us too. Even it's in the middle of the night. I'll call you later again on facetime... Your dad wants to see you. Don't forget to eat properly and---"

"Chai. Chai. Chai, mae. Take care, see you soon. Love you!" Win hurriedly ended the call to avoid the lecture he had been hearing for the past month, since his parents and brother went to the US for some business matters and a bit of leisure time.

He had been staying at one of their condos near Chivaaree Towers since then as well, to save some time and energy since work had been demanding for the past two months.

Win leaned both hands on his bathroom counter, staring at his topless reflection in the mirror. Taking in his under eyes that could pass off as a panda's eyes, pale complexion, and upper body, he estimated that he might have lost a little over five kilograms since he got sick.

Pssh. Sick.

Snapping open a bottle of prescribed antibiotics, he popped a pill in his mouth.

"Get your shit together, Metawin..." He muttered under his breath, standing still for a few minutes, resting, contemplating, and willing—-no, begging his body to cooperate.

Letting out a huge sigh, he went on to check his calendar. After seeing he can manage to sneak out for a few hours tomorrow, he proceeded to send a text to a certain someone.

To K'Earth - 7:38 AM

Hey Khun. Can I set an appointment with u at 3PM tomorrow?

7:40 AM

The meds still aint working...

Win cursed as he dragged his feet to get dressed and leave for another tiring day at work. "Fuck ulcers..."