Anything, at all

Kate

"Um... hello?" The old man slowed down his quick pace when his eyes fell on me. He seemed confused, taken by surprise by my presence.

"Good morning." I greeted politely.

"Ah, Mr. Dubois. Meet Kate Seyfield. My new PA." Mr. Thornton stood up from his desk and came closer.

"Um...? Your PA? I'm sorry sir, but I thought you were looking for a male assistant this time. I have contacted a few people already." The older man argued, his french accent slightly noticeable.

"You can call the search off. Besides, I think you can agree it was kind of discriminatory on our part. We can't have people think that Raven is biased, don't you think?" He winked at me and I lowered my head, not wanting to show my amusement.

"Well,y-yes. I mean, no, we don't want that. Gabriel Dubois. Nice to meet you, miss Seyfield." I shaked his hand.

"C'est un plaisir de te rencontrer" I spoke and felt two pairs of eyes looking at me stunned.

"Tu parles français?" Mr. Dubois asked, not hiding his surprise in the slightest.

"Pas aussi bien que toi, à l'évidence." I smiled and he shaked his head.

"You're not giving yourself enough credit. Your accent is great."

"You are a mystery, miss Seyfield." My boss joined in, smiling. "Okay, Mr Dubois, you wanted something?"

"Ah, yes. We have closing deals later today that require your presence and you have to sign some reports for the sales department."

"All right. Why don't you have the reports sent right now?" He moved towards his desk and sat down. Damn! He is so nice to the eye.

No,no. What are you doing?

"But, sir, they need to be checked first, before you can sign them. That will take some time." Mr Dubois argued, a hint of panic in his voice.

"Mr Dubois? Why don't you get me the reports for checking and then I'll make sure Mr Thornton signs them. So, you two can go about your day undisturbed."

I took turns looking at the two men in front of me to see what they thought.
My boss was scutching his chin with a crooked smile plastered on his face while Mr Dubois was looking lost.

"You sure you're ok with starting today?"

"Yes, sir. Absolutely no problem." I nodded.

"Mr Dubois, that works for you?"

"Well...um...sure. I have them over right away, to show miss Seyfield what she needs to do "

There was another knock at the door and we all looked that way.

"Hey Logan?" A man peeked through the door, the resemblance with my boss quite obvious. His eyes, though, were a light chocolate color compared to the light green one's Logan had. "Mom is waiting for us. Are you done?"
Mr Thornton checked his clock and sighed, standing up.

"I lost track of time. Yeah, Sammy, let's go. You'll have to excuse me. You don't want to leave my mother waiting," he chuckled amused "I'll be back in an hour or so. Think we'll be okay by then?" He turned his attention to me, smiling widely and cute dimples appeared in his face.

Oh, yeah. Be cuter. That'll help me.

I wanted to roll my eyes but I settled for a nod.

"Great. Come on, Mr. Dubois. Let's get going." He patted the older's shoulder and they both started heading towards the door.