• 3 •

______________________

AMORTENTIA
_____________________

     A sudden thunder clouded the once clear skies, causing the trees to sway violently

A sudden thunder clouded the once clear skies, causing the trees to sway violently. "Shit. Come on, we've got to go, Sage." A young boy said while scurrying to collect his books. The sky grumbled over the girl but she payed no mind and only watched the movements of the creature in front of her.

Sage had drowned everything out, connecting her eyes with the emerald serpent slither slowly towards her. "Sage, let's go." Her twin had said sternly- still unfinished collecting his books. The serpent's head rose to the eye level of the bent- over girl, watching her movements as well.

A connection. That's what made her curiosity grow to soon take over and lead her hand to reach for the menacing snake. "Sage!" Jesse yelled, now watching her reach for the serpent. The serpent quickly leaped towards Sage's hand, nipping her in the process, before retreating back into the shadows of the grass.

The girl quickly retracted her hand and examined the bite. Her surroundings began to pulsate as she continued to look her hand. "Sage!" Her name echoed in her head as if she was in a hollow cave. Her awareness became lower and her vision began to blur.

"Sage!" She heard which quickly snapped her out of her thoughts. Snapping her head to her left, stood Jesse with an annoyed expression. "I've been trying to get your attention for a while now." He scoffed. "What were you thinking about, anyway?" He said while shuffling through his pouch of school supplies.

    The horrid memory rang in Sage's mind as she debated to tell her brother. "How depressed the Gryffindors are gonna look after we beat their asses today." She lied, having a sinister smirk creep onto her face. "That's what I love to hear." He said smirking as well. The pair walked in a comfortable silence before being interrupted by a set of arms slinging around their shoulders.

  "What's up, guys?" Blade chuckled between them, invading their personal space quite a lot. "Well, we were walking in a peaceful silence before you showed up." Sage sighed while pushing his face back, making him stumble.

"Hey, you know you love me." He said while catching up with the pair. Jesse snorted at the comment, making his twin laugh as well, before coming to abrupt stop. Sage rolled her eyes in annoyance (having to deal with her brother's petty fights almost every other day). Both Blade and Jesse snickered at the giggling third years, watching their prime target, Harry Potter the Golden Child as the Slytherin's would call him.

      "Well, if it isn't Dumbledore's prized possession, Potter." Said Jesse while strutted towards the now quieted group. "Oh, piss off, will you?" A red-headed boy with freckles squeaked. "Shut up, Weasley, will you? I just want to have a simple conversation with Potter." He said as he shoved past him.