• 4 •

______________________

QUIDDITCH
_____________________

     Lighting boomed in the sky all around the stadium

Lighting boomed in the sky all around the stadium. Seats were filled to the brim with Hogwarts students as they watched the Inter-House Qudditch Cup game immense.

The crowd roared as they watched the players fly on their brooms, standing in their house colored ponchos. Rain poured down harshly on the students and staff as they stood in the stands.

Players zoomed past the stands, causing gusts of wind to blow the hoods off of the students ponchos. Sage adjusted her googles as she flew quickly on her broomstick. Searching for the snitch, the girl noticed the set of Gryffindor twins, George and Fred Weasley, on her tail. Both Fred and George hit a bludger her way before she quickly dodged both of them, finally losing them.

Another bolt of lightning had struck but this time it hit a Gryffindor player. The crowd gasped as the girl screamed, falling off of her burning broom. Sage looked at the score and cursed at herself seeing that the houses were tied.

Zooming past Adain Pucey, who had just scored, Sage hadn't noticed she was being followed. Fred had concentrated on the Slytherin closely as he made his attempt to knock her off her broom.

     "Good one, Pucey!" Sage yelled loudly, over the roaring thunder. He nodded in response as he went to go catch another quaffle. The girl felt a harsh breeze as the bludger skimmed her face causing her to turn in the direction of a smirking Fred.

    "Oh! Hop off my dick for two seconds, Weasley!" She yelled behind her as she went faster on her broom. Sage flew through a pair of fighting chasers: Marcus Flint and Alicia Spinnet. With Fred gaining on her, the young Slytherin flew around the goal posts but the beater hadn't budged. The crowd roared more as they watched Gryffindor score another point on their keeper, Miles Bletchley, who was obviously distracted by the other chaser Katie Bell.

     "Come on, Malfoy! Don't tell me your afraid of a little bludger." George yelled from in front of her. The two were closing in on her, raising their bats, they hit both of their bludgers toward her. She quickly faced her broom upward causing herself to go up, making the twins crash into each other. The students in the stands cheered had boomed throughout the stadium at Sage's quick save.

"Aw! And there goes Fred and George- or George and Fred. Y'know what- who cares. But that honestly was a nice save though, coming from someone whose been rejected by her multiple-" Announced Lee Jordan the scorekeeper, who was now battling Professor Mcgonagall for the mic.

Sage watched Harry go off into the thundering sky, cautiously, she stayed on the Quidditch pitch wondering if it was a trick.

"Sage!" The girl heard over the loud sky. She looked up only to see a dodging Luther pointing at something. "Snitch!" She heard in slow motion as she looked below her to find a fluttering snitch.

She stupidly reached which caused her to slip. Dangling from her broom, the crowd gasped and roared, Sage swiftly hopped back on and darted after the flying snitch.

The girl concentrated hardly on the snitch and she gripped her broom. She slowly rose her feet up on the back of the broom stick, still focusing on the snitch. She had predicted its movements by now.

The snitched had quickly flapped its wings and moved directly under her, just feet below.

"Holy crap, she's gonna do it." Draco said astonished, lowering his binoculars. "Do wha-" Crabbe and Goyle started before being shushed by Draco. Now standing straight up on her broom stick, the girl breathed steadily, concentrating on her balance.

The students were on the edge of her seats as they watched her movements. The girl gave a slightly smirk to the crowd before going into a backwards dive off of her broomstick. She smiled as her hands scooped up the snitch quickly.

The crowd watched with their jaws dropping to the floor as she plummeted closer to the ground. Her broom quickly zoomed past her as she grabbed it with one hand, sitting back onto the stick.

"Damn it. Slytherin won. I owe Roger 20 galleons- oops-" Lee said wide eyed now realizing he was still on air, looking at Professor Mcgonagall who was giving him a death glare.

"Where is Harry?" Hermione yelled to Ron, having to compete with the noise of the thunder and the students.

Ron only looked up, terrified, at the sky. Hermione hesitantly looked as she gasped at the scene before her. Harry was descending quickly out of the sky with no broom in sight. The crowd's attention quickly went to Harry as they watched him fall.

Sage noticed that the crowd stop cheering, their attention has shifted towards the sky. The puzzled girl looked up and watched the boy fall from the clouds to only have her surroundings turn black.