Chapter 35

AVERY STARTED MENTALLY LISTING the flaws of a man like Ethan James. It reminded her of one of her fears. Would there ever be someone better than David? Caressing her belly assured her once more. Her little bean would be better than anyone else. They would be better together. When her ride arrived, she looked around the park before walking toward the parking area. She might as well avoid the park. But how would she avoid Doctor Stella James?

Stella James would always remind her of one person. Ethan... No, Ella.

***

Ethan... Avery shook her head multiple times. No, Ella.

She whispered the two names to herself. It had been a few weeks since her embarrassing experience in the park. Every time she checked the fetal development chart in her baby book, she saw the face of Doctor Stella. Who then reminded her of the father and daughter. Then, as if Shelly had heard her thoughts, her phone started ringing. She didn't answer immediately. Instead, she video-called her best friend once she was inside her bedroom.

"Hello, stranger! I dreamt of you!" Shelly screamed.

"Good or bad dream?" Avery asked.

"It depends on how you're going to take it. But important announcement first!" Shelly's screaming was louder.

"You broke your orgasm record? Or you're pregnant too?" teased Avery.

"OMG, Avery! Where art thou, my meek and innocent friend? Since when have you been crude?"

Avery pouted. "I'm just stating the obvious! Your face is screaming; you just got fuck!"

Shelly brushed her fingers on her hair. "It's called making love!" Avery rolled her eyes at her. "Hold your breath for my announcement. Art and I are coming to Florida! We're attending a Dermatology Expo."

"That's triple OMG!" Avery exclaimed.

"I know, right?' Shelly nodded. "We will surely come and visit you guys. I'm taking your offer about us being welcome in your Palm Coast home anytime."

"Always Shells! You guys are family!" Avery covered her mouth.  "I'm so excited!"

Shelly waved her hand at her. "Shush! Now about my dream. It's about your destiny. I time-traveled to your future. I saw you meet your destiny in Florida, my dear Ave!" Shelly dramatically pointed her index fingers at her temples.

Avery laughed, watching her best friend doing her funny antic in front of her phone camera. They'd been best friends since grade school and could read each other like a book. Both had mastered the skill of reading between the lines. Aside from "Shelly the Intrusive" between them, Shelly was also the mind reader.

Shelly stopped. Her eyes grew like they were going to pop out. "Avery Jackson, spill! I know that look! What happened?"

"I met a girl, Ella. In the airport and the park outside my OB's clinic."

Shelly's mouth twitched, and her eyes sparkled teasingly at Avery. "Go on."

"I met her dad, too. He was nice." Avery looked away from the phone camera.

"And the dad was hot! So hot, he made your panty wet?! His heart's arrow hit yours." Shelly feigned an arrow striking her chest.

"Now you sound like a perv! Hot? Yes. Nice? Yes. Available? NO! So stop thinking like that!" Avery rolled her eyes.

"Thinking like what?" Avery's flushed face magnified Shelly's curiosity. She put her laptop on her arm. "What's his name?" Her fingers were on her keyboard, ready to type.