Chapter 1

"Hello Sattu. You are coming right?" Arjun enquired.

Arjun Sengupta is a 28-year-old doctor, who lost his parents at the age of 18 and now lives with his friend, Piyush.

Presently, he is busy convincing his friend Satvik.

"Yeah, hello Junie, sorry yaar, I won't be able to join you. I have some research papers to work on. You guys have fun.", the person on the other side told him.

Arjun smiled knowing very well how easily Satvik can be convinced. He faked anger and said, "Oh damn your research papers. You are coming with us and that's it. No arguments. We will have fun. It's Hritwik Malhotra's wedding after all. There will be innumerable delicacies. I think I am already drooling."

Satvik rolled his eyes and said, "You and your obsession with food! I am not letting you over eat today."

Arjun excitedly asked, "Can I take that as an affirmation?"

" Do I have an option?" Satvik shrugged.

"Of course not! I will pick you up at 7. Bye" saying that Arjun hung up.

Satvik looked at the wall clock which showed half past five, which means he has only one and a half hour to get ready. 'It's more than enough', he thought. He moved towards the closet and began searching for something that could make him look presentable. But even after rummaging through the whole closet, he failed to decide his attire for the wedding.

He picked a shirt, tried it and threw it on the bed. None of them seemed to be looking good enough for the occasion. He was close to giving up when a soft voice was heard from the door, " Satvik beta, are you going somewhere?"

Satvik turned to see his mother standing at the door with a glass of juice in her hand.

His face lit up. 'Here comes the solution to all my problems', he mumbled.

"Thank God maa you are here. I was about to inform you that the three of us are going to Hritwik Malhotra's wedding. I wanted to stay here to work on my research papers but Arjun being the stubborn monkey, dragged me in. You know how much I hate these gatherings. So many people! And on top of that I am confused about my clothes. Help me please", he completed in a breath.

Mrs. Majumdar smiled. She knew how much of an introvert her son was and that he could only open up to his two friends. So, it was not rocket science to guess that he would be going with Arjun and Piyush tonight. She was happy that her son has finally learnt to enjoy his life, otherwise, she was used to seeing him at home, burying himself in his books and forgetting his surroundings. His classmates had nicknamed him 'nerdy boy' and he had only Arjun and Piyush who could cope up with his boring nature.

Their friendship was the best thing that happened to Satvik. He was already 28 and worked as a professor in the Adamas University. He was also working on a research paper for his PhD. Sometimes, he immersed himself so much into his books that he forgot his meals and so it was a routine for Mrs. Majumdar to bring him food after regular intervals.

She went to him, kept all his clothes aside and handing him the juice said, "Don't worry, I will help you. Now finish the juice." Satvik nodded and took the glass from her and gulped the juice in one go. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand said, " Thanks maa, you are the best. What would I have done without you."

Mrs. Majumdar smiled and went to the closet. Shuffling through the clothes, she frowned. "You seriously need to go for shopping. I will ask those two to take you.", she remarked. "But I have so many clothes. What is the need for more?", Satvik pointed out. Mrs. Majumdar silenced him with a glare. Pointing at the messed-up clothes, she said, "Look at these. Your closet has nothing but formals. Are you going to the wedding in one of your office wears? God! I am fed up of this boy. Oh wait! Where is the sherwani that your dad gifted you during the durga puja?"