I scanned the room looking for her until I spotted her across the large living area. She was with her father and a woman I recognized from the pictures in her room. Quinn's mother. They finally found her and she looks to be in pretty good health aside from looking a bit tired and worn down.

I started listening to what they were talking about as I made my way over towards them. "Yes, darling. We have so much to discuss. I'd love to meet your mate soon. He sounds lovely," I felt a jolt in my chest at Quinn's mother's words. She'll be meeting me a lot sooner than she thought though. "I do have to check on everyone before we leave though. Many of the others have not fared as well as I have unfortunately. They're going to need some care and attention over the next few weeks or months."

Quinn's dad nodded before saying, "We will take them back to Diamond Crescent with us so they can recuperate. It'll fill up our hospital but it's worth it to give these people what they deserve after such a long time in this goddess forsaken place."

Before I could even think about what I was saying, I heard my voice command, "That won't be necessary. They'll be coming with me."

Quinn looked up in my direction and at first she looked confused but then a huge grin spread across her face. "Liam!" she called out to me as she ran in my direction.

My heart was practically bursting out of my chest at the sight of Quinn running towards me and not running away from me for once. I was so appreciative for her and I feel like I could finally show it.

When she reached me, I pulled her into my arms and lifted her up so I could breathe in her scent. Her scent and touch instantly calmed me and it seemed I did the same for her.

Unfortunately, our moment can't last forever so I set her down a second or two later. She eagerly grabbed my hand and dragged me over to her parents.

"Mom, dad," she greeted them as they looked at me wearily. "This is Liam, my mate."

Darrell shook my hand first before I turned towards Quinn's mom. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs. Larson."

She eyed me skeptically before reaching out a hand to shake mine. Her hand was rough and calloused but her eyes held a strength that told me she didn't trust me just yet.

"Call me Cora, please," she replied after a moment. Quinn's dad put his arm around his mate to calm her as she continued to stare at me.

"I see you bear my daughter's mark," Cora cut through the silence, looking towards Quinn who was standing between the two of us. "Why does she not bear yours?"

Her piercing gaze met mine and I shrunk back slightly. I'm a prince and a top warrior but there was something about Quinn's parents that scared me. I knew her dad could probably kick my ass and by the looks of her mom, I think she could as well. What is with this family?

"Um," I started, not knowing what to say. I didn't know how to explain to her that I had marked Quinn but it was gone now and I couldn't explain why.

Luckily, Quinn interrupted me though. "Mom, we said we'd talk about this later. Now is not the time. I love Liam and he loves me. We will be fully mated when we're ready. You don't need to worry about me."

Quinn's mom took her eyes off me for the first time in minutes and I sighed in relief. "I will always worry about you, darling," Quinn's mom said as she drew Quinn into her embrace.

Quinn looked so peaceful in her mother's arms as she let out a sigh. "I know mom. But you don't need to worry about Liam. He's been nothing but amazing to me. It's me you should worry about in this relationship. I've been the bad mate."

Quinn looked at me apologetically and I tried to tell her with my eyes that I'd forgiven her. She seemed to understand as she smiled sheepishly.

Quinn's mom gave me one more hard look before letting Quinn go. "Fine," she sighed. "I'll trust your judgement. I guess I'm just not ready for my baby to be so grown up. It's so hard to see you like this when I wasn't there for you the past few years. Give me some time to come around, my darling. I apologize."

Darrell cleared his throat beside me. "Not to break up the love fest but we have some people who need medical attention. What was that you said about them coming with you, Liam? I assure you that isn't necessary."

"Right," I grunted. "There's more room in the royal hospital than there is at Diamond Crescent. I wouldn't want to put you in a situation where you're lacking resources during a time like this. We may have taken over this base but we don't know anything about the leaders of this group of rogues or if there are other bases around the kingdom. All I ask is for your guards to help escort everyone back to the royal hospital. There are so many sick and wounded and if we need to carry, it will take days to get back if we do it alone. The more able bodied wolves we have, the quicker this will go."

Darrell looked thoughtful before agreeing, "That does make the most sense. I would like to ensure their safe return back to the castle as well. I'll send a small group of my warriors back to Diamond Crescent to relay information to our alpha. The rest of us will come with you and your men."

I looked towards Quinn who was still holding onto her mother. "Will you be joining us, Cora?"

Cora looked at Quinn briefly before a small grin appeared on her face and she nodded. "You couldn't take me away from my family again if you tried. Let's get moving."

I wanted so badly to take Quinn in my arms and keep her with me while we prepared everyone for the move but I knew she was a natural born leader and she wouldn't be able to stand idly on the side for this.

Quinn surprised me though when she broke away from her mom and placed a chaste kiss on my lips out of nowhere. "I can't wait to go home with you, my mate."

________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the first of two chapters as promised.  I'll update the next chapter in an hour or two so this one doesn't go missed.  Happy Halloween!