Sanctuary - Abby

Depuis le début

Traditionalists wanted to go back centuries to a time where Alphas decided when and how to mate. A time when Omegas were treated as the objects they were created to be. Omegas were inferior and allowing them to believe that they had a choice had led to the downfall of their world, according to Abby's father and his followers.

For the next eight years, whatever happened in Haven, Abby never knew. Her father didn't allow her to go since she was unmated, but when her mother returned from her trips to the commune's public square, she always had a haunted look in her eyes and sometimes new bruises that kept Abby from asking about it.

Her unmated status afforded her some protection, but she'd overheard her father talking to her brothers about mating bonds and contracts.

"Omega Balls! Just another way they let Omegas think above their place. Omegas don't get to decide when and how they mate! I'm working on a breeding contract for your sister.... no, nothing permanent. He just wants to breed her for an heir, and then she'll be sent back. By then, I can find another Alpha who won't care that she's not a virgin. There are plenty of Alphas who'd like to put her to good use." Her father's raspy laughter accompanied her brothers' higher-pitched chuckles, and Abby had crept away as quickly as she dared before she let the tears fall.

But when Christoph, along with his cousin Tobias, approached her father with a plan to bring the OSF "to its knees" after his recent rejection by an Omega, Mitchell salivated at the thought of taking revenge on the OSF and offered his only daughter on a silver platter to provide the cover story they needed.

Obediently, Abby left with the two Alphas. Following an Alpha's orders was what she had been born to do. It was her purpose, but as she sat quietly in the back seat of the car, she listened in growing horror as the two discussed the execution of their plans. She learned long ago to school her features to conceal her emotions, and she hid behind that stoic mask as they casually discussed the targets they would acquire and how they would "break" them. The final goal would be the Omega of the very same OSF officer who had killed Christoph's serial killer father, Marc.

The first thing Tobias did when they'd reached Soularine Prime was force Abby to her belly on a musty-smelling bed in a cheap motel room. With Christoph watching from a chair in the corner, Tobias bound her to the bed and used a blade to create a series of cuts on her neck. While he made the cuts, he whispered to her about how he might need a mate to get in the OSF, but he would never choose an Omega like her. He preferred Omegas who were thin and willowy. Over her own cries and eventual screams, she heard him describe how her curves were too much for her body. Her breasts were too large and her hips too wide. No, he wouldn't really mate her. She'd just have to settle for taking his mark at the point of a blade.

"On the other hand, pussy is pussy," he'd sneered over her sobs.

That was the first night she'd blacked out only to wake up covered in blood and tears, but it wouldn't be the last. For more than six months, Tobias used her body and her soul. When she protested that Selah and Malcolm were good people, Tobias and Christoph used that commanding Alpha tone to make her do... things. Sometimes they'd abuse her long into the night. Other times they'd command her to say or do things to get information on Malcolm and Selah. When Malcolm died, Abby hoped that that would be it. It was over. Malcolm was dead and so there was no reason to continue with their plans for Selah, but the two Alphas stayed, and Abby continued reporting in as ordered.

Selah was declining.

Selah had stopped eating.

Selah barely talked to the group of Omegas when they came over.

Finally, Selah asked them not to come over as her heat began. All the Omegas in the group agreed that in her weakened state Selah wouldn't survive this heat.