Matts Nightmare Canadacest oneshot

A dream that tore him apart and caused him to never want to sleep again.
In that dream he awoke, dream self confused and dazed. His hand slipped over another body as he felt around for something familiar. Blood shot eyes gazed over the other body, but thank lord it was someone he loved.
Mattie was sleeping peacefully, curled up and almost hidden completely under the comforter; his feet sticking out and hanging over the edge though.
Oh Mattie.
His hand, trembling horribly for a reason he did not know, caressed the cheek which was oddly cold and pushed strands of soft blond hair to the back. His hand snapped back, the cold flesh almost burning his hand after just a moment.
Oh god.
Why was the male so cold? Matt sat straight up, looking over the lump hidden by a cover, yet no visible motion of breathing could be seen. His heart thumped against his bones, threatening to burst out. His vision was going blurry, fogging in and out. No.
The Canadians mouth opened, screaming out the others name, yet he heard nothing. He was screaming - god, was he screaming, but his ears couldn't hear one god damned thing. Matt's voice seemed nonexistent... Yet when he did the next best thing, placing his hands back onto the limp body, and shaking the other...the body didn't move though. His hands were flailing through air.