Bogart says 14

Eiji's Point of View

Hindi ko alam Buknoy kung bakit hindi mo makitang inaakit ka ng Sugar na yan! Well let me help you see what was she up to...by doing exactly the things she is doing with you. But in my own terms! And with another guy. Ewan ko lang kung di ka pa matauhan. I was very lenient to you before but now you need a beating. 

I reached for the glass of water and took a sip. I sipped some more until...

"Oh my gosh!" I unrest my arm over Hiro's shoulder as I pretended shock with what I did. I spilled some of my drink on Hiro's pants. Yup. Intentionally.

Hiro jerked and startled from his seat. He must be thinking dahil na naman siguro ito sa tiramisu na kinain ko. But that's okay. Mas mabuti sana kung iyon ang pag-aakala ni Hiro and nothing else.

Madali kong nilapag sa table yung drink and rushed back into him. "I'm really sorry Hiro. Di ko sinasadya." I think I was loud and scandalous enough (in my own little way) for Buknoy at least to care.

"Here. Let me wipe it for you." nilabas ko ang aking olive green na hanky and slowly, with the intention of letting it be seen by Buknoy, wiped the affected area. That's right. Dun mismo sa ano nya. Again, Hiro jerked like what he was witnessing was something he couldn't imagine me doing. You see, I do not really like doing these things, only when I am dared. And Buknoy dared me so.

"Eii-eiji o-okay na. You don't need to do this." he laughed nervously. But... Uhm, yea!? I need to do this!? I mentally replied. Kailangan ko pa kayang gumanti.

"Oh Hiro, this is nothing!" sabi ko, swaying my hand in the air. "Ikumpara mo to with what you have done to me. I mean, you let me hitch a ride inside your AWESOME sportscar, you got your hands off of the food in it and let me have it all for myself. And besides, you're my date." nginitian ko sya't kinindatan pa which I seldom do. "...I should be thoughtful of my date, you know!? Lalo na kung ang ka-date mo ay boyfriend mo, diba?" I crept a smile as I asked that, knowing how concise it hit someone who is sitting with a bitch.

I know I'm responsible for my action. Yung ibang estudyante sa table namin seemed to me, intimidated, nalalandian, or whatever sa ginagawa kong ito. I was being vulgar and bold and I could obviously see that in their reactions. Yay to me. I stained my name. But only for this moment. Only for this night. I let vulnerability takes in coz  I know in the end, I can clean my name, unstained it if I want. Pero for an already stained name like Sugar, mahirap na itong malinis. Nagmarka ka na sa akin Sugar. No detergent, chloric acid or swearing words could ever remove your stain. At least to me.

At that time, the music became more louder and the people on the dance floor started growing in numbers.

"Alam ko na! Why don't we just dance Hiro! All this clumsiness should be done on the dance floor, don't you think?" I said, placing a hand on his shoulder while slightly rubbing it.

"Uhm, hindi ako marunong sumayaw, remember?"

"And you will never will, if you won't come with me right now." hinila ko sya sa kinauupuan nya. I made it sure Buknoy saw that one. 

Hesitantly, Hiro watched me dance randomly on the floor at first, smirking at me at the middle until eventually decided to dance at the end. I was so happy seeing Hiro dance (aside from the fact na matigas nga katawan nya sa pagsasayaw) only when Buknoy and Sugar came in contact with us. And by then, katatapos lang ng catchy dance song at napalitan na ito ng slow dance. Yung pang couple. And I so want to stomp my feet from so much pissed because I know this is what Sugar is waiting for. But I wouldn't just let them see I was weak. So no. I just stand there, unmoved, trying to sense kung si Buknoy ba ang nagyaya o si Sugar.